Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per Twitter:

Jimmy Smith ‏@JimmySmithtp

League source says #Hornets acquiring SF Ryan Anderson from #Magic in sign and trade for Gustavo Ayon.

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Per Twitter:

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Sign-and-trade talks between the Hornets and Magic for RFA Ryan Anderson are unrelated to a possible Dwight Howard trade, sources say.

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For those of you who might be wondering this...

From Twitter:

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Hornets' forthcoming acquisition of Ryan Anderson, sources say, would not preclude them from matching Eric Gordon's offer sheet from Phoenix

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
Definitely a nice move for the Hornets, I like him as a fit there.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
So Anthony Davis is going to be a starting center? Hmmm... not sure how he's going to do banging against NBA 5's.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
So Anthony Davis is going to be a starting center? Hmmm... not sure how he's going to do banging against NBA 5's.
most nba 5's are big talentless hacks, he may have problems with dwight but really who doesnt?

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
most nba 5's are big talentless hacks, he may have problems with dwight but really who doesnt?
Dwight, Bynum, Bogut, Chandler, Hibbert, Jonas V, Cousins, Marc Gasol, Nikola Pekovic, Tim Duncan, Gortat, B. Lopez, Monroe, Noah, Varejao, Nene, McGee, Perkins, Haywood, Horford.

At least 19 NBA centers that are bigger and stronger than he is. I'm just saying. I was under the impression that he was a 4 man. Banging with dudes 30-40 lbs heavier than you can take its toll.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
Dwight, Bynum, Bogut, Chandler, Hibbert, Jonas V, Cousins, Marc Gasol, Nikola Pekovic, Tim Duncan, Gortat, B. Lopez, Monroe, Noah, Varejao, Nene, McGee, Perkins, Haywood

At least 19 NBA centers that are bigger and stronger than he is. I'm just saying. I was under the impression that he was a 4 man. Banging with dudes 30-40 lbs heavier than you can take its toll.
yeah but half of those guys have little to no post up game so defensively i think he will be fine.. plus put davis in an nba weight room for a few months and he can come into the season weighing 15 pounds more than he does right now... i agree that he would be better served to start his career as a 4, but if the longterm plan is for him to be a center might as well throw him into the fire right away

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
apparently its 4 years 36 million?? considering the money thats been thrown around this offseason by team that sounds like a heck of a deal. Ayon was a great garbageman big on a small contract, but swapping him out with anderson is a hell of a coup

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
I sure the hell don't wanna throw davis into the fire and have to guard nba 5's this season. Many others have deferring opinions but I would rather see a natural progression into moving him to the center spot. Only being 220 pounds hes just way to small at this point, he had a problem with big bodies in college being able to gain position on him, I can only imagine what a big ogre like pekovic would do to him on the block.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Pekovic, Gasol, Bynum and Cousins will murder him. He might become a center over time, but most guys like Camby eased into it instead of just starting off as 19-21 year olds banging in the post.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Best move the Magic have made in a while. No need to overpay for a guy who owes the majority of his career success to Dwight Howard and Stan Van Gundy, especially when you're blowing things up and rebuilding. Ayon isn't much of a player, but that's not the point. He's making $1.5 million this year with a team option to pay him $1.5 million next year. Again, you're blowing things up, no need to take on stupid contracts for marginal players. This just makes bringing Jameer Nelson back on a 3 year deal that much stupider.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
From what I saw of Ayon I can say he's pretty polished around the rim. He's a garbageman with a good touch and size. He's a little to old to be as raw as he is.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think Ryan Anderson is more of a natural SF with his size. I mean defensively, he's going to get killed at the three, but I think that's where he can shoot and bring some outside scoring, ala Peja Stojakovic. If the Hornets can find a natural starting center, I think having Anderson at SF and Davis PF would be a solid starting frontcourt.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts