Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Two Best Players From Each Team

List who you think are the two best players from each team-I didn't list any rookies...

Here is my list

(first person listed isn't always best player)
LAKERS: Shaq/Kobe
KINGS: Webber/Peja (Bibby is third option untill playoffs)
KNICKS: Spreewell/McDyess
CELTICS: Pierce/Walker
PACERS: O'Neal/R. Miller
CLIPPERS: Brand/A. Miller(probably)
BLAZERS: Wallace/Wells
HAWKS: Robinson/Abdur-Rahim
CAVS: Miles/Murray (Big Z injured too much)
SUNS: Marion/Marbury
NETS: Kidd/Mutumbo (Deke is a little ahead of Martin)
SPURS: Duncan/Parker
MAGIC: T-Mac/Hill
MAVS: Dirk/Finley (Nash right behind)
WARRIORS: Jamison/Richardson?
SUPERSONICS: Payton/Lewis (if they keep him)
NUGGETS: Camby/Howard (for now)
ROCKETS: Francis/Mobley
GRIZZLIES: Gasol/Battier (Gooden soon though)
JAZZ: Stockton/Malone
BULLS: Rose/Marshall?? (Chandler/Curry not there yet)
PISTONS: Stackhouse/Wallace
BUCKS: Allen/Cassell
HORNETS: Davis/Mashburn
RAPTORS: Vince/A. Davis
HEAT: Zo/Eddie Jones
SIXERS: AI/Coleman(or KVH)
WIZARDS: MJ/Hamilton
TWOLVES: KG/Wally

What do you think?

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I think that TMac and Vince have the short end of these awesome "duos" you listed - if those guys you listed are their 2nd best options. (Especially since Hill has played a total of 18 games in 2 years with TMac)

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>TheRifleman</b>!
I think that TMac and Vince have the short end of these awesome "duos" you listed - if those guys you listed are their 2nd best options. (Especially since Hill has played a total of 18 games in 2 years with TMac)
I was assuming Hill would play well when he returned-if not him it would probably be Miller..

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wilt_The_Stilt</b>!
HAWKS: Robinson/Abdur-Rahim
CAVS: Miles/Wagner (Big Z injured too much)
SIXERS: AI/Coleman(or KVH)
First, I would take a healthy Ratliff over Glenn "I stole Antoine Carr's nickname" Robinson anyday.

Second, Wagner is a rookie, and I hate it when Lamond Murray gets no respect. This guy scored 16.6 PPG with 5.2 RPG and 1.2 SPG while shooting a whopping 42.4% from three and a solid 81.7% from the line. Next to Dre, he was clearly their best player last year. He's better than Miles right now, and you can't claim a rookie who's never been in an NBA game is better than a consistent NBA contributer who has put up similar numbers for the last 5 years of his career.

Third, Aaron McKie is and has been the second best player on the sixers. Regardless of numbers, this guy comes in and scores, rebounds, steals, assists, or whatever he is called on to do when he is called on to do it. He is playoff tested and he is a winner.

Other than those three things, good post!

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: Two Best Player From Each Team

Originally posted by <b>RollWithEm</b>

Second, Wagner is a rookie, and I hate it when Lamond Murray gets no respect. This guy scored 16.6 PPG with 5.2 RPG and 1.2 SPG while shooting a whopping 42.4% from three and a solid 81.7% from the line. Next to Dre, he was clearly their best player last year. He's better than Miles right now, and you can't claim a rookie who's never been in an NBA game is better than a consistent NBA contributer who has put up similar numbers for the last 5 years of his career.
whoops-I said I wasn't including rookies...I changed it to Murray-thanks for the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts