Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There's a couple of things I've been wanting to say, but didn't know if the timing was right during a loss (when it came to mind), or whenever I was online and you all were discussing other things. But ...

1) Has anyone else ever noticed LeBron's on-court mannerisms, how they are those of a much older, leader in the mold (dare I say) of MJ? I noticed it during a loss the other night, can't think of the game. LeBron was ALL business. He tried to bring the team back, never smiled, never talked --- and it didn't translate into anger, arrogance or anything like that --- just focus. Sheer business on the court. At that very moment when he walked off the court to the bench, he reminded me so much of MJ, except that MJ would be in the face of his teammates AND Phil Jackson on the sidelines.

2) Does anyone remember when they first paid attention to McGinnis? I remember vividly although he was a Clipper at the time, I didn't pay him much attention until ...... Charles Oakley pimp slapped him upside the head during practice before a Clipper game against the (Knicks?). Rumor had it that Oakley had dated/was dating Toni Braxton and so did Jeff, or Jeff was trying to talk to her. When did you notice him ... was it at the time I did?

·
Maybe Next Year....
10,212 Posts
1- Lebron definitely has an amazingly mature game. I even heard him speaking about conserving his energy and learning when to turn it on and off to finish games strong (with the heavy minutes), and low and behold in the last 2 games he's had monster 1st and 4th qtrs and stayed within the flow of the game in 2nd and 3rd qtrs. It also seems lately that he's becoming increasingly aggressive down the stretch of games, looking to take the big shots, make the big plays, etc. instead of waiting for it to come to him. That's a big step in his development and he seems to just get better and better individually as the season goes on. Really the last hurdle for him is defense, and if the Cavs can get his minutes down somewhat I think we'd see him establish himself in that area.

2- Sigh...Jmac. I remember the Oakley incident but I watched him as a Clipper (they had some exciting teams, even though they underachieved). He was actually solid, was pretty consistent with his shot and seemed to be a nice little PG. Of course I wasn't aware of the attitude problems at that point, pretty much takes away from anything positive he brings to the court.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Benedict_Boozer said:
2- Sigh...Jmac. I remember the Oakley incident but I watched him as a Clipper (they had some exciting teams, even though they underachieved). He was actually solid, was pretty consistent with his shot and seemed to be a nice little PG. Of course I wasn't aware of the attitude problems at that point, pretty much takes away from anything positive he brings to the court.
That's one of the negatives about the internet --- it can't read your mind.

I meant to say the first time I looked at Jeff as other than a basketball player. He became a personality to me after the slap. I always liked him as our PG and was upset when the Clippers let him go. But, some of the other fans were saying that he was too hard on the players and acted like a dictator in the lockeroom which affected chemistry. In fact, I thought his fire was good for us. But, apparently, they were right because something keeps other teams trading him.

We also have an exciting team now, that I'm looking forward to seeing play next year without the injuries. (I hope we don't make major changes because I like our guys.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts