Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AD for Wally
With Spree lighting it up, they have no need for Wally. With Kandi being a bust, they could use AD- and his contract is up after next year.

Lamar Odom for AD + #1 pick. With it they could get Okafor. They would have Wade, Jones, Butler, Okafor (Grant), AD. Not bad.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I think Wally is overpaid garbage.

There I said it.

I love Odom. But I think Miami does as well. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AD

He gives you 10 and 10. He has experience. He does not have a horrible contract- it expires after next year. He is better than the Kandi man. If Minnesota is serious about winning, they would consider upgrading their center position. Wally is expendable. Spree takes the shots.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
A.D is a good player,tough defender and rebounder.

But he's also overpaid,36y/o and shoots a horrible 40 fg% for his position.
not many teams would take on his contract without giving a bad contract back.

Heat just signed Lamar and they want to keep him.but they need a C so we might have a chance at Eddie Jones,but not Odom.

Wally,as overpaid as he is,I'd take his contract over A.D,but Wolves won't even consider it.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AD has value because

he is the next best thing to an expiring contract, a contract that expires next year. Cap space is important to a lot of teams.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Re: AD has value because

Odom can't be had for just about anyone. He has completely flourished with his change of scenery.

When he got signed, I thought it was a big risk to offer such a troubled, inconsistent guy a long term contract with big bucks. Well, the guy has somehow learned how to play power forward and rebound like a beast. He's a top 10 NBA talent coming into his own, and he's young. BTW, I think he should be an all star over KMart.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Re: AD has value because

Originally posted by <b>Bulls42</b>!
he is the next best thing to an expiring contract, a contract that expires next year. Cap space is important to a lot of teams.
Actually his contract expires 2 years after this one.

and one of the teams that does not care about cap space is Dallas,full of scorers,and they can use a player like A.D,he won't need to score much,just bang on D(thing they lack)and rebound.he fits them well,and can help them in playoffs.
I consider trying to deal him to Mavricks one of our best options.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I agree that AD is not the same player he was a couple of years ago when he was an allstar, but come on he plays great D and is still and excellent rebounder. He also is a great influence on curry and chandler and i think a great addition to the team. However, we can not expect him to be an impact player. If his minutes were more like 24 a game he should be an outstanding veteran backup PF behind chandler.

david

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Re: Re: AD has value because

Originally posted by <b>bullet</b>!

Actually his contract expires 2 years after this one.

and one of the teams that does not care about cap space is Dallas,full of scorers,and they can use a player like A.D,he won't need to score much,just bang on D(thing they lack)and rebound.he fits them well,and can help them in playoffs.
I consider trying to deal him to Mavricks one of our best options.
Dallas does not want him or need him. Jamison can do those same things plus score.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
No I would put Danny Fortson on Shaq!! Davis can't guard Shaq and Jamison can't guard Shaq!! So you are expecting the Mavs to trade Jamison who is great off the bench,rebounds,can score inside for Antonio Davis who is old and washed up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts