Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight the reserves are announced for the east and west, and frankly, if i dont see Cassell on the west roster, the NBA has gone MAD!! If he doesnt, i say KG doesnt play in the game either, stays home with the wolves and they get pissed and ready for a second half tear. But with all the "how could be's" and "who should be", one name i have not heard all year is Spree. Why is this? anyone please help me out. His scoring is just slightly down from his 19 a game average at 18.4, he is the THIRD OPTION in minny, he plays stellar d, has tons of heart and intensity, and is on a first place team, fighting for home court thoughout the playoffs. I hear guys like Carmelo, Dirk, Randolph, who are all having stellar years, but in my mind only 3 forwards are having better seasons than spree(KG, Duncan, Peja). I dont know if spree should be a all star, but why isnt he getting mentioned at all. If Carmelo makes it over spree, that is rediculous!!! while he is having a great year for a ROOKIE, his team is fighting for a playoff spot, in 6th right now, and he is the go to guy in Denver, of course his scoring should be higher than sprees. His field goal percentage SUCKS!! If Malone, Shaq and Kobe would have been healthy all year and Phil would have been the west coach, what would have stopped him from taking all 4 of his stars? Didnt Dallas's big three all go together a few years ago? MINNY'S BIG THREE SHOULD ALL BE THERE.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Cassell made it. But Spree did not.

I agree that Spree was very deserving of a spot. Moreso than many of the other names that are getting bantered around. But, there are a limited number of spots, and when a player like Francis gets voted on to the team, it always screws things up.

Surprisingly, Ray Allen made the team. I think Sprewell would have been a much better selection. In fact, I think I could name about 6 players who are more deserving considering Allen will be playing in his 24 game sometime next week.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Hands up for Cassell!

Spree didn't but he is one of those whoever should deserve that final spot in the Western team. But as most of you know, that he's a pretty streaky player. Not as Peeler, but still. Last game he only got 4 points, before that he got like 25 points. I don't recall any players who are in the Western team are that streaky like Spree.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Originally posted by <b>twolvesguy</b>!

Surprisingly, Ray Allen made the team. I think Sprewell would have been a much better selection. In fact, I think I could name about 6 players who are more deserving considering Allen will be playing in his 24 game sometime next week.

Wow, thats weird, because I couldnt name one player who is more deserving....

·
Registered
36 Posts
wow, thats weird, but I CAN name six that are more deserving than Ray Allen. Don't get me wrong, I think Ray Allen is a great player, but he is not deserving of an all-star spot

Zach Randolph
Latrell Sprewell
Carmelo Anthony
Jason Richardson
Elton Brand
Cory Maggette or Rashard Lewis

Ray Allens numbers really don't show much... if he would have those numbers from the beginning of the season until now, he would definetly deserve a spot. If we're going on stats over a short period of time, Ronald Murray, league leader in points for the first few weeks, would be on the roster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts