Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know he's a restricted free agent, but how interested are the Bulls in retaining him? The only advantage we have here is playing the hometown card, but he probably doesn't care about that and will likely go for the biggest payday.

We don't have anything to give Chicago in a sign-and-trade and I would imagine they would match an MLE offer sheet on him.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
I'm pretty sure Chicago wants to keep him. We should still go for him. On the other hand, we could also go after Kwame Brown. How do you feel about Kwame? Did Michael Jordan destroy his growth?

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
compsciguy78 said:
I'm pretty sure Chicago wants to keep him. We should still go for him. On the other hand, we could also go after Kwame Brown. How do you feel about Kwame? Did Michael Jordan destroy his growth?
I would consider Kwame also but I'd make an attempt at Chandler first. Kwame is way better on offense, but Chandler is a superior defender, shotblocker/shot changer and rebounder, but he gets into foul trouble regularly, like on Chris Mihm's level. Tyson has virtually no offensive game at all except for jams and put-backs. I was at the Bulls/Clippers game the other day and was watching him warm up, dude couldn't anything from mid-range even when he was all by himself. But I think he's more of what the Lakers need. Whenver I see him play he's bringing it at 100%.

Kwame is a more skilled player, it's just his mentality that's in question. IF he can ever get over that mental hurdle he can be a real baller.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Ive always thought about us acquiring Chandler, but didnt think it was possible because of our cap room. The only thing we would have to offer is a sign and trade during the offseason but I dont think Chicago wants any of our players.

Also, Ive watched a couple Bulls game this year, and Chandler does have somewhat of a midrange game. Ive seen him hit 15 footers regularly.

I actually think we have a better of chance of getting Kwame, but I doubt our chances in acquiring him too.

·
Pacman & Mamba
2,558 Posts
Chandler would be an excellent pickup. Young & athletic, his family living in California. Maybe Mitch can work some of his "magic" :rolleyes: and pick him up

·
Registered
173 Posts
ghiman said:
Chandler would be an excellent pickup. Young & athletic, his family living in California. Maybe Mitch can work some of his "magic" :rolleyes: and pick him up
I really hope for this happen, but I can´t believe this will... :no: :uhoh:

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
The Lakers have zero shot at Chandler unless the Bulls agree to sign and trade him for Odom, which would somewhat of a lateral move anyway.

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
EHL said:
The Lakers have zero shot at Chandler unless the Bulls agree to sign and trade him for Odom, which would somewhat of a lateral move anyway.
Odom doesn't fit here, and in terms of talent, we probably wouldn't be able to get equal value for Lamar. He is very skilled, but just hasn't been able to do as well as he did last season in Miami. You could either say that he needs more time, but I firmly believe that the things around him aren't right. Simply put, Kobe needs the ball in his hands. Not the other way around.

Tyson Chandler would be a clever signing, but in no way, shape or form is he the type of big man that Kobe needs. I'd love to pencil him in as our PF, and add another potent big man that can score and hold his own in the Western Conference. Then, best part is we're still in need of a legit starting PG. :angel:

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
I heard that the Bulls were actively trying to move him before the deadline.
Doesnt make sense though since he has had such an impact for them inside in challenging shots and boarding.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts