Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!
Germany has a good frontcourt w/ Dirk, Shawn Bradley
Bradley's German? Kind of looks like it. I have always thought it but I thought he was American.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
«Italy kicked away Germany from Athen»

Who cares? If Dirk is healthy, he'll drop at least 40 on Italy. :yes:

«Bradley's German? Kind of looks like it. I have always thought it but I thought he was American.»

Yeah, he was born in Landstuhl near Frankfurt/Main.

«naw, Germany is going downhill, their coach left...»

They fired him, because he couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. The new one is much better.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bender</b>!

NOpe:eek:
Galanda will prove is better than Dirk and MArconato will block every Klasse's shots... and Bulleri will punish Demirel:p Go Italy go!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
4,465 Posts

They fired him, because he couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. The new one is much better.
so, the bronze in the WC2002 was nothing? by the way, I think Dettmann's contract ended, and wasn't renewed. and besides, he was even able to get FINLAND to EC in 1995, if that doesn't prove anything, then nothing does...

good for us that Germany "fired" him, maybe he can get us back from the B group or whatever it is. by the way, this new qualification system sucks big time.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Originally posted by <b>el_Diablo</b>!
so, the bronze in the WC2002 was nothing? by the way, I think Dettmann's contract ended, and wasn't renewed. and besides, he was even able to get FINLAND to EC in 1995, if that doesn't prove anything, then nothing does...
Isiah Thomas could've coached a team with Nowitzki to the WC-semis, there's nothing about it.

Dettmann made nothing but dumb decissions as a coach. In the EC semis 2001 Germany was leading Turkey by 2 points, and Turkey had the last possesion of the game. Instead of fouling them, Dettman gave the Turks the last shot, and Turkoglu nailed a three.

I'm glad Dettmann is no longer the coach of the German NT.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
so you think they should've put the turks to the free throw line when leading by 2? are you serious?

and one player, even as good as nowitzki, doesn't make a team.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
so you think they should've put the turks to the free throw line when leading by 2? are you serious?
I'm sorry, Germany was leading by 3 not 2. Hedo Turkoglu send the game into overtime with a three. If we'd foul him, he could've only made 2 points from the line.

and one player, even as good as nowitzki, doesn't make a team.
Tim Duncan basically makes the Spurs to what they are - a championship team.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I'm sorry, Germany was leading by 3 not 2. Hedo Turkoglu send the game into overtime with a three. If we'd foul him, he could've only made 2 points from the line.
OK, now we have one mistake, blablabla etc...

We can argue about this all day long. While Dirk is great, great player, I don't think the rest of Germany's material is good enough to really succeed. I seem to remember, that Germany's run in EC2001 was a big surprise(I'm not sure if this true to you Germans) to everyone.
But Dettmann had quite a long tenure as Germany's head coach(how many years?), and maybe they(team and dettmann) had had enough of each other. So I agree that it was probably good for both parties to part ways. My first post was kind of a joke anyway. I was a bit surprised though, that you think that Dettmann did such a lousy job as your head coach.

Lets just say I'm happy that Dettmann is back coaching Finland, and you're happy that he isn't coaching Germany. A win-win situation... :)

·
Registered
435 Posts

«Bradley's German? Kind of looks like it. I have always thought it but I thought he was American.»

Yeah, he was born in Landstuhl near Frankfurt/Main.

the last name "bradley" is actually not german, technically he is an american but born in germany, if yao ming was born in germany he will be qualified as "german" also but racially he will always be an asian, because its in his blood line.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts