Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
University says it is to talk about the future of the program. AD McElroy and Brown were sched to meet today about a contract...

this could be the announcement Great Danes fans are waiting for

·
Registered
341 Posts
who holds a presser at 4?? The earlier you hold one (say noon, 1, 2) the easier it is for TV stations to shoot and edit it together, meaning the more content for the 5 and 6 news. 4? why?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
GD84 said:
thats what we are hoping
You hope Brown moves on to a better job? I hope for Albany's sake that's a little bit of sarcasm...

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Dane96 said:
UNH fan wrote "resign" instead of re-sign. The IVY league guy was either A) sarcastic or B) oblivious
Wow, I didn't know Albany fans were so sensitive

My aunt is a UA alum, so I'm not going to go off dissing her school

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Ummm...you just did in a previous post about academic standards...with poor info.

I am quite fine and not that sensitive (ok...except for Ginzo) ;)
When it comes to assinine comments however...yeah....I point out the fact when needed...nothing more.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Dane96 said:
Ummm...you just did in a previous post about academic standards...with poor info.

I am quite fine and not that sensitive (ok...except for Ginzo) ;)
When it comes to assinine comments however...yeah....I point out the fact when needed...nothing more.
This is what I said:

Perhaps Albany would be a possible landing spot for McCroskey (although they're a good school, they're more lax with academic requirements than UVM)

Something tells me McCroskey wouldn't go all the way down to an AE school from a Big East school. An A-10 or CAA university is definitely possible.

It's not a rip on UA as much as it is praising Vermont...Vermont is actually closer to Ivy status than any of the SUNYs, including both of ours...

I covered a little bit of Albany at the conference tournament and what you've said about UA having good academic standards for its athletes has some basis in truth...Jamar Wilson and Brent Wilson were incredibly well spoken in the press conferences

If I offended you, I apologize...

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Your half-arsed apology is excepted. You still pontificate the same point: UVM would be less likely than Albany to take McCrosky. I say...PROVE IT. We are not talking about general pop...but athletes. I say I have factual basis that you are wrong, e.g. my own experience and Michael Grant to name two.

You quantify apologies with the same argument. I say you're still off base (oh...yes, interviews tell alot about a person's academic potential......okie dokie), though apology accepted.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
So, if Wolff (BU) makes $350,000 including incentives and Pikiell (SBU) makes $267,000, that puts Brown somewhere below $267K. Anyone have any sense if the actual number is above or below $200K? I'm guessing it's below, as the cost of living in Albany, while more expensive that many other AE school locations, isn't comparable to Boston or Long Island.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.