Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
14,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember after UA beat Washington there were naturally question regarding how good can Washington be and there was a bit of a 'debate' regarding how good a W this will actually end up.

Well, Washington is now 4-0 in the P12 with an RPI in the low 60's...

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
I remember after UA beat Washington there were naturally question regarding how good can Washington be and there was a bit of a 'debate' regarding how good a W this will actually end up.

Well, Washington is now 4-0 in the P12 with an RPI in the low 60's...
Pretty good win over Colorado last night, but in reality, they haven't beaten anybody in the P12 yet...still have to play Oregon, Arizona, UCLA...have won at home over WSU, Cal, Stanford and then at Colorado.

That said, still a very good win for Albany and the conference, no doubt about it.

Also, it looks like the win last night bumped their RPI up to #51.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Can we please keep the topics current? Didnt that win happen all the way back in 2012? While it was a nice win - the ploy to hijack attention from the biggest game in the AE this friday night simply will not work.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Can we please keep the topics current? Didnt that win happen all the way back in 2012? While it was a nice win - the ploy to hijack attention from the biggest game in the AE this friday night simply will not work.
That win helps this conference RPI more than any of your wins all season. Some of you Stony Brook fans are truly a piece of work. Yea your Seawolf Pride thread doesn't hijack any attention for sure.

·
Premium Member
17,902 Posts
Washington is turning into a pretty good win.

Still a bad loss for my Billikens up there, but a win is always better than the alternative.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
That win helps this conference RPI more than any of your wins all season. Some of you Stony Brook fans are truly a piece of work. Yea your Seawolf Pride thread doesn't hijack any attention for sure.
The AE RPI means nothing. The Seawolf thread is for SB fans only. I can't help it if non Seawolf fans cannot stay out of there.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
I'd start a Maine Pride thread but it'd be on the 2nd page within a few hours...LOL.

·
Registered
14,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The AE RPI means nothing. The Seawolf thread is for SB fans only. I can't help it if non Seawolf fans cannot stay out of there.
Nor can we help you from coming into this thread and trying to piss all over it. Normally I get your humor but right now you are in full moron mode.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Moron mode? You guys thumped your chests for a week after that win. Do we really need to hear about it more than two months later?

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
If Hatford ever got a win like Washington I would talk about it for 2 years....never mind 2 months. ....#canonlywish
Speaking of which, how about that UMaine win over Penn State, who went on to be an NCAA at-large team? Wasn't that something?! Go Black Bears...woo hoo!

·
Registered
14,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thump your chests when you catch up to the amount of NCAA tournament appearances that UMBC and Binghamton have.
Exactly...yet he has the gall to tell us about his NIT bid...LOL...

·
Registered
14,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If the only thing that matters is NCAA appearances, why start a thread highlighting an out of conference win.
I don't subscribe to such a notion...to your point, he doesn't want to talk about the Washington win yet turns around and tells us in other threads how much of an accomplishment an NIT APPEARANCE is...

Again, my point wasn't to highlight or stick this in peoples face like SBU fans do every time they take a $%it...At the time of the win some looked at it with skepticism saying, how good can Washington really be? So as the results continue to roll in, the answer is...pretty good.

·
Banned
6,174 Posts
NIT appearance is better than any regular season win. I would rather be the best regular season team in the AE than win 1 game against a bcs team. Maybe a top 25 team would be an exception. UVM did beat 14 ranked BC a few years back.

·
Registered
14,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Vermont fans are still talking about Syracuse, and how long has it been? :)
That was in the tourney though...still, Washington was our first BCS win...and it was a good one.

·
Premium Member
17,902 Posts
NIT appearance is better than any regular season win. I would rather be the best regular season team in the AE than win 1 game against a bcs team. Maybe a top 25 team would be an exception. UVM did beat 14 ranked BC a few years back.
A lot of what you said makes sense, but the NIT appearance thing. Nobody plays for NIT spots.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts