Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the game, sitting in the student section. Huge blowout.

Interesting to note: Danny Ainge and Rudy Tomjanovich were in attendance. According to one of the students sitting nearby, Ainge comes to a lot of games in Hartford.

Okafor was dominating. Villanueva played great, blocking shots and getting to the line. McNamera was taken out early by the crowd (including me!)

Was a lot of fun.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I've only seen Okafur play a few times and most of that was last year. What NBA player would you compare him most to?

NBAdraft.net says Ben Wallace but with more offense. But then again that's NBAdraft.net.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JAF311</b>!
I've only seen Okafur play a few times and most of that was last year. What NBA player would you compare him most to?

NBAdraft.net says Ben Wallace but with more offense. But then again that's NBAdraft.net.
a smaller david Robinson

Pax was there as well

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't see Pax! Wish I did, I would have had to pull him over for some chit chat.

Small D-Rob is a good comparison. Strong kid, extremely intelligent, good post game with soft hands, capable of scoring within about 15-17ft, seems to gobble up rebounds effortlessly.

Work ethic and intelligence are through the roof and the reason why I think he'll be a special player, more so than natural talent. Almost everyone drafted in the 1st round nowadays has tons of talent, this kid has the intangibles to make him a star from it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts