Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Gone and already forgotten.... time to step up Alex, Jalen and Devon. Golden opportunity for someone. Thankfully there is depth.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using VerticalSports.Com App

·
Resident Arachnid of the MPT
21,701 Posts
Wow the brutal offseason keeps on giving. Seems like it must have been fairly serious. Or perhaps Archie is establishing a much higher standard for conduct than Gregory.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Oh well next man up... Time to see what the Nortland Duo has got, really pumped about that!

Way to let your team down Kav

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Well if it's what was inferred about a few weeks back then, I feel worse for the other person, not him. Nonetheless, this has been a terrible offseason for A-10 teams.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Seems as if his suspension was likely well earned. Just because someone avoids criminal prosecution doesn't mean they get a free pass with the student code of conduct. Wonder the odds on him having played his last game as a Flyer.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Its not hard to figure out what this is all about.

Guess that answers my earlier question about whether or not they have a code of conduct board. The little news about this problem seemed to indicate a much more challenging situation than Wells, and in that regard I wish Wells had got a second chance like Kavanaugh. But since all the facts aren't known, the results are what they are...and we all move along.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
It occurs to me reading the news report, that he was suspended from the school itself...not just the basketball team. And being suspended from the school, he therefore is not on the team.

·
Premium Member
17,902 Posts
It occurs to me reading the news report, that he was suspended from the school itself...not just the basketball team. And being suspended from the school, he therefore is not on the team.
See Mitchell, Kwamain and Reed, Willie for further explanation.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Tough break for the Flyers. Hard to find a 6-10 guy who can play post defense, rebound and hustle for putbacks.

The loss of experience will hurt early on. Gavrilovic will get a chance to shine, and I think he will, and the two frosh big forwards will get lots of minutes from the get-go. Hopefully Benson recovers almost in full.

I suppose Dayton will become quicker and more athletic at every spot on the floor. Still, experience is costly to acquire.

Another example of why fans of any school should not get holier than art thou. College athletes can cause problems at ANY school, no matter what its reputation. Every school with a bigtime athletics program cuts some corners at some point. They may be little corners, but nobody is an angel.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Can someone post a 475,000 character breakdown of Dayton's updated depth chart please?
Sorry, but I think Muddy is way too busy cherry picking stats on Dillard (who's arguably the 3rd best PG behind Duren and Williams) to do anything silly like post an updated roster sans Kavanaugh. We'll all just have to sit around and wonder who the starter is and what the depth chart will look like. :sigh:

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Tough break for the Flyers. Hard to find a 6-10 guy who can play post defense, rebound and hustle for putbacks.

The loss of experience will hurt early on. Gavrilovic will get a chance to shine, and I think he will, and the two frosh big forwards will get lots of minutes from the get-go. Hopefully Benson recovers almost in full.

I suppose Dayton will become quicker and more athletic at every spot on the floor. Still, experience is costly to acquire.

Another example of why fans of any school should not get holier than art thou. College athletes can cause problems at ANY school, no matter what its reputation. Every school with a bigtime athletics program cuts some corners at some point. They may be little corners, but nobody is an angel.
Losing Kavs experience does hurt, but all 3, especially the Northland boys, have a much higher ceiling then Kavs and certainly higher motors. I was very impressed with Robinson last week.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Losing Kavs experience does hurt, but all 3, especially the Northland boys, have a much higher ceiling then Kavs and certainly higher motors. I was very impressed with Robinson last week.

So you were very impressed by a kid that hasnt played a minute of D1 ball. Uh ok. I thought you, just the other day,were questioning how a kid with no D1 experience could be rated so highly. Maybe the rater has seen the player against and with other D1 players and came away impressed.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
It was nice to have Kavanaugh because then we had two pure banger type of big guys in the paint (Gavrilovic being the other). However, Jalen Robinson and Devon Scott are almost as strong down low. I thought that Jalen might be forcing Kavanaugh or Gavrilovic out of minutes after a short time anyhow (Because I believe he is a more rounded player with better skills and athletic ability). With Benson looking so good at the R+B game last week, I assume he is going to get a lot of PF minutes. Now, I see both Northland guys getting a lot of minutes.

I'm not getting the WH references/comparisons to big programs cutting corners in this situation. This seems like it's the opposite of that.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.