Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Udonis Haslem is 1 rebound away from being the the all time leading rebounder in Heat history.

He will be the first ever undrafted free agent to lead a franchise in rebounding.

Udonis Haslem is one of my favorite NBA players ever.

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
He's definitely seen far better days, but it's hard not to appreciate what he was just three seasons ago. The Ultimate Warrior of this franchise, and Mr. Miami to boot. Pretty awesome stat, regarding being the first undrafted player to lead his franchise. Love him, even though every game I get closer and closer to feeling he should be our most energetic towel-waver.

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
Not bad for an undrafted, undersized power forward.

He will be one of the most beloved Heat players of all time when its all said and done. But right now, its hard to watch him play at times.

·
Registered
11,643 Posts
1 Rebound away from being the shittiest player of all-time to lead a franchise in rebounding. Horrible basketball player
Threads like this make me so sick to my stomach.

Basketball is not just played with a bunch of all stars putting up triple doubles or averaging 20/10.

Basketball is played with 5 guys on the court at the same time and there are up to 15 players on a team for a ****ing reason.

Basketball is a ****ing team game and I love the Miami heat for their blue collar work ethic, their defensive first grind it out spirit and their ****ing loyalty. So yes, UD is the weakest player to be 1 rebound away to lead a franchise in rebounding. You know why?

Because he was undrafted, because he worked his ****ing ass off, because he played to his full potential, because he did the dirty work and sacrificed his body taking charges and protecting DWade. He took less money to stay in MIA when he could of cashed in after his performance in the title run like Big Ben but did not.

So forget you, forget you for disrespecting UD and forget you for not recognizing what he represents to the franchise and what he has contributed in our 2 only titles. forget you for disrespecting fans who recognize his contribution to the HEAT.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Threads like this make me so sick to my stomach.

Basketball is not just played with a bunch of all stars putting up triple doubles or averaging 20/10.

Basketball is played with 5 guys on the court at the same time and there are up to 15 players on a team for a ****ing reason.

Basketball is a ****ing team game and I love the Miami heat for their blue collar work ethic, their defensive first grind it out spirit and their ****ing loyalty. So yes, UD is the weakest player to be 1 rebound away to lead a franchise in rebounding. You know why?

Because he was undrafted, because he worked his ****ing ass off, because he played to his full potential, because he did the dirty work and sacrificed his body taking charges and protecting DWade. He took less money to stay in MIA when he could of cashed in after his performance in the title run like Big Ben but did not.

So forget you, forget you for disrespecting UD and forget you for not recognizing what he represents to the franchise and what he has contributed in our 2 only titles. forget you for disrespecting fans who recognize his contribution to the HEAT.
Damn right!!!

Udonis Haslem is the freaking man.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We wouldn't have a ring without UD, he was a top 5 player in our 06 run and arguable our top 3 player in the playoffs.
We lose the Pacers series last season if Udonis Haslem doesn't put on his big boy pants and turn the tables on the physicality of the Pacers.

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
LOL @ that censorship on DZ. Nice work W2! Just like movies on TV. :laugh:

Can't expect DD to have any idea what UD contributed to this franchise, considering he rode LeBron's nuts here on July 8th, 2010.

And DD is already essentially banned. We know not to take anything he says remotely seriously.

Bob Saget's line is tremendous. :rotf:

·
Lifetime Member
24,723 Posts
As shitty as he is now, and as annoyed I get with him, he's still one of my favourite Heat players ever, just behind Dwyane (who coincidentally, is also annoying right now). You can't deny what he's done for this franchise, and we don't get a chip without him. He's exactly what the Heat franchise is all about.

And...

...just a suggestion.

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
:laugh:

I was really close the other day to asking how I can block posters. I've never blocked anyone on anything, and maybe as some strange sort of sense of pride I'm reluctant. Perhaps in a bit of a sick, psychologically-observational, trainwreck-gazing way I like to watch how low one's mind can dwell, but he's treading on thin ice now.

·
Registered
11,643 Posts
I actually did that right after I replied to the post.

I added somebody else lately.

Just so you know, you still get the option of viewing the person's post. After you give into the guilty pleasure ( I know exactly what you mean) you just realize that it isn't worth opening their posts.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
LOVE UD!

It's easy to forget, but he's taken some pay cuts to stay with the Heat, and almost left in 2010 (Remember the, 'We Want U!' campaign?) He hasn't been the player he once was, but that doesn't change the fact that he has left his mark on this franchise. I can't wait to see his next rebound!

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
#40 should hang from the rafters in a few years

·
Lifetime Member
24,723 Posts
^UD is the Heat. It's not like he's a decent player who won 2 rings. When I think Heat, I think of players like Zo, UD, Wade...

1 - 20 of 70 Posts