Lightweight Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez
Heavyweight Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Shawn Jordan
Flyweight John Dodson vs. Darrell Montague

Prelims ..

Middleweight Tim Boetsch vs. C.B. Dollaway
Welterweight Nate Marquardt vs. Hector Lombard
Women's Bantamweight Sarah Kaufman vs. Jessica Eye
Lightweight George Sotiropoulos vs. KJ Noons

Great fight card, and potentially the best trilogy ever in the UFC between Cain and JDS.

Make your pics .. mind are in bold up above ..

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Holy shit ..... Gilbert Melendez .. Diego Sanchez fight was epic. Gil out pointed dude, but Diego fearless fighting style made this easily one of the greatest and most entertaining fights ever.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Only able to catch the title fight.

Heard Diego/Gil was an instant classic. Some even saying the GOAT for fights.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Cain is too much for JDS right now.

·
Administrator
115,886 Posts
JDS caught him a couple times early, but Cain methodical with those strikes knees, and suffocating him. He's relentless.

·
Administrator
115,886 Posts
Holy shit. Cain drilled JDS, knocked him down. Withstood a little bit of onslaught, got up somehow. Got caught another couple of times, but didn't budge then.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Had to ditch my feed as it was giving me some potential PC issues.

Heard Herb did JDS a favor by not stopping it.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Dana White ‏@danawhite 35s
I'm no doctor but I have see a lot of men who are too tough for their own good and JDS is one of them. He was out and this should stopped.

·
Administrator
115,886 Posts
Thought it was a good non-stoppage seeing how JDS recovered. And Herb Dean's known for that no?

·
Administrator
115,886 Posts
Dana White ‏@danawhite 35s
I'm no doctor but I have see a lot of men who are too tough for their own good and JDS is one of them. He was out and this should stopped.
Eh, he was still defending himself. Looked dazed. Though it did happen so fast.

Surprised, he'd say it in middle of it.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
True.

Again, I didn't see it, just going off what I'm reading.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Appreciate the linkage, Diss, but I'm going to withhold.

Had a laptop crash before when watching Aldo/Mendes and had some other issues in the past. I've gotten better avoiding them, but once something fishy happens (like it did tonight) I just chill out.

Plus, sounds like barring a miracle, Cain is walking away with an easy win.

·
Administrator
115,886 Posts
Wow, JDS went for guillotine and hurt himself falling on his face. And Cain took advantage. That's it.

·
Administrator
115,886 Posts
Appreciate the linkage, Diss, but I'm going to withhold.

Had a laptop crash before when watching Aldo/Mendes and had some other issues in the past. I've gotten better avoiding them, but once something fishy happens (like it did tonight) I just chill out.

Plus, sounds like barring a miracle, Cain is walking away with an easy win.
Ah, that sucks. No worries. Yeah, with that happening. Better off not.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Time to start the debate, if it hasn't already been started/confirmed: Is Cain the GOAT for heavyweights?

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Helwani Tweeting that Werdum is next up for Cain.

·
Administrator
115,886 Posts
Most logical, as we said. Intriguing fight too, stylistically. Werdum loves ground. He's gotten better in stand up. I watched last 3 fights last night of Werdum after talking about it. Looked much improved battering Nelson (who can't be knocked out it seems), Russow, and Nog, and am becoming more of a fan. I liked him before. First time, I remember watching him was making Fedor tap in triangle choke.

Of course, Cain will probably win haha.

If he's not the greatest, he's well on his way. Almost feel like his loss to JDS was cuz it's rare to fight well your first fight back off injury.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cain is definitely in the argument for greatest HW ever. That being said, I would still rank Fedor over him. I believe Cain has only defended the HW belt twice with tonight being his second title defense win.

Emelianenko received acclaim from major publications, including Sports Illustrated,[9] USA Today,[10] and Sherdog.com.[11] Many analysts, fighters, and experts consider Emelianenko to be the greatest mixed martial artist of all time.[12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21] He remained undefeated for nearly a decade, during which time he was considered the best heavyweight fighter in mixed martial arts,[22] including notable wins over 5 former UFC champions and 5 former K-1 champions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedor_Emelianenko

1 - 20 of 24 Posts