Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here we go!! Biggest fight in UFC history in my opinion. And arguably the biggest fight in MMA history.

Silva is fighting for his legacy to continue and Weidman is fighting to solidify his greatness and emergence. Plus beating Silva twice in a calendar year would be incredible.

Great fights, make your picks, and thoughts on the card. Hell of a year for the UFC. IMO definitely the promotions greatest year of fights.

My winners are bolded.

Main Card
Chris Weidman (10-0) vs Anderson Silva (35-5)
Ronda Rousey vs Miesha Tate
Josh Barnett vs Travis Browne
Jim Miller vs Fabricio Camoes
Dustin Poirier vs Diego Brandao

Prelims Fox Sports 1
Uriah Hall vs Chris Leben
Gleison Tibau vs Michael Johnson
Dennis Siver vs Manny Gamburyan
Siyar Bahadurzada vs John Howard

Online Prelims
William Macario vs Bobby Voelker
Estevan Payan vs Robbie Peralta

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me be the first to admit. For my prelim picks. All those fights are essentially 50/50. And I knew that when I picked them. So I won't be surprised if I get the prelim fights wrong at all. Those are very close fights.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Main Card

Prelims Fox Sports 1

Online Prelims

·
Banned
15,209 Posts

Prelims Fox Sports 1

Online Prelims

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Diego Brandao was 8 pounds over at the weigh ins. Dustin Poirier went at him in stare down, said some stuff and is hella angry Diego was 8 pounds over. Diego is lucky Poirier took the fight. I might just have to change my pick now.

Also Anderson Silva was all business, he had that praying mantis death state look at Chris Weidman in the stare down at the weighs in.

Tate and Rousey also had a good stare down. Tate looked very confident.

Gonna be a great night of fights tomorrow night boys and girls. Buckle up!

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
8 lbs?! Good to see Diego hired Rumble Johnson to handle his diet plan for camp.

·
Banned
15,209 Posts
Diego Brandao was 8 pounds over at the weigh ins. Dustin Poirier went at him in stare down, said some stuff and is hella angry Diego was 8 pounds over. Diego is lucky Poirier took the fight. I might just have to change my pick now.

Also Anderson Silva was all business, he had that praying mantis death state look at Chris Weidman in the stare down at the weighs in.

Tate and Rousey also had a good stare down. Tate looked very confident.

Gonna be a great night of fights tomorrow night boys and girls. Buckle up!
Probably gonna either order it at my house or hit winghouse, leaning toward ordering it at the crib. Bought every ****ing ppv from 06 to '12 then I just got uninterested with a few cards and started going to fkn bars, need to start ordering them at my house again much better experience

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Probably gonna either order it at my house or hit winghouse, leaning toward ordering it at the crib. Bought every ****ing ppv from 06 to '12 then I just got uninterested with a few cards and started going to fkn bars, need to start ordering them at my house again much better experience
I already pre-ordered this card, It's huge. I been watching MMA since UFC 1 and went deep after that point. Following all the other combat promotions around the world. And really got into BJJ. Of course I'm a long standing boxing fan as well. Basically combat sports are my first love along with basketball.

·
Last Winter Was The Coldest
2,594 Posts
Main Card

Prelims Fox Sports 1

Online Prelims

****ing hyped for the rematch. I really believe Silva will clown around again (to the same extent too) just having a better stance and hands up here and there.

·
Banned
15,209 Posts
I already pre-ordered this card, It's huge. I been watching MMA since UFC 1 and went deep after that point. Following all the other combat promotions around the world. And really got into BJJ. Of course I'm a long standing boxing fan as well. Basically combat sports are my first love along with basketball.
I love boxing as well and I trained BJJ for a little while, had to have a few surgeries and got real out of shape and haven't been back I loved it though. I've been watching boxing since I Was 3 my parents ordered every huge ppv, with MMA I think the first time I watched was Liddell/Belfort and the first time I got addicted was TUF 3 with SHamrock/Tito ordered even though that was on SPIKE I ordered every ppv from UFC 65 Hughes/GSP 2 till about UFC 145 until I just couldn't really pony up the dough anymore and now I go to a bar or something. PRIDE never dies though

·
Banned
15,209 Posts
Silva looked confident at the weigh ins as did Tate. Rooting for both think Silva will win but I really think Rousey is going to handle Tate even though I'm rooting for that beautiful ass

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Silva looked confident at the weigh ins as did Tate. Rooting for both think Silva will win but I really think Rousey is going to handle Tate even though I'm rooting for that beautiful ass
Prelims about to kick off!!

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Diego will gas in round 1, giving Poirier the chance to end it whenever he pleases.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts