Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
aka Chilltown
3,750 Posts
Just SMH at that Silva ending.. Crazy. GOAT. Weidmann is legit though. He dominated that 1st round...

I think the boos looked like they were getting to Rousey. Good. She needs a ****ing reality check.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Hopefully Zingano gives her the business.

·
Banned
15,209 Posts
The ladies stole the show tonight. A huge win for women's mixed martial arts. Overall I really enjoyed the card but it's a shame how it ended. Hate to see a legendary career end like that.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Ya props to Weidman for the first round domination but after the press conference and him acting like the whole leg breaking thing was on purpose he can go **** himself, will never root for him again

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
I like Rousey, she's a ****ing monster. Tate was dominated throughout and tapped far too early to that shitty arm bar.

The way Rousey is all doughy reminds me of Fedor (add in the steel determination and the hard as ****ing nails part too), and I think she could have the same kind of reign he did in her respective class.

Sad for Silva, horrible way for him to go.

Chris Leben needs to retire yesterday, he's killing his legacy for me.

Very impressed with Browne, those elbows were ****ing sick.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
“I was so mad because before we walked on stage at weigh-ins, he told me he was going to stab me in the neck actually,” Poirier said after the fight. “They had to separate us.

“The guy’s nuts, man. That’s why I was so upset.”

So what exactly did Brandao say, according to Poirier?

“We were in line, waiting to walk out for weigh-ins,” he said. “He comes to me, and he says, ‘You stare at me like this again, and I cut your neck. Then what are you going to do?’

“I wasn’t mad about him missing weight. That sucks. But him stabbing me in the neck? That’s not cool.”

UFC President Dana White said he spoke with Brandao, who was riding a three-fight winning streak that began soon after he won “The Ultimate Fighter 14.” While there were reports Brandao was recently in a car accident that contributed to his weight-cutting woes, White suggested there’s more at play.

“I talked to him after the fight, and he told me a lot of personal things that – you know, it sounds to me like he needs to get his head together,” White told MMAjunkie. “He needs to make some serious decisions in his life if he wants to continue to be a professional fighter.

“And he knows it, so we’ll see what he does.”
Explains why Dustin whooped that ass and the heated weigh in.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Stop doubting Travis people. He's crushing dudes that have been fighting professionally before Travis even considered it.

·
Last Winter Was The Coldest
2,594 Posts
Renan Barao vs. Urijah Faber
for bantamweight title

Jose Aldo vs. Ricardo Lamas
for featherweight title

Frank Mir vs. Alistair Overeem

Ali Bagautinov vs. John Lineker

Abel Trujillo vs. Jamie Varner

That's the main card.

Gonna go with Abel Trujillo, Ali Bagautinov, Frank Mir, Jose Aldo, and Urijah Faber.

·
Administrator
115,886 Posts
REEM won by unanimous decision. Domination. Early in stand up got Mir w/knees and punches. Ground and pounded then after. Methodical victory. Loved seeing the patience which cost him last 2 fights.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Renan Barao vs. Urijah Faber
for bantamweight title

Jose Aldo vs. Ricardo Lamas
for featherweight title

Frank Mir vs. Alistair Overeem

Ali Bagautinov vs. John Lineker

Abel Trujillo vs. Jamie Varner

That's the main card.

Gonna go with Abel Trujillo, Ali Bagautinov, Frank Mir, Jose Aldo, and Urijah Faber.
Was a good card, Aldo is just to perfect and a level above everyone else right now though. He doesn't even have to do anything out of his comfort zone to win. Which kind of makes things dull, but i guess he just wants the W's , kind of reminds me of what happened to GSP in his career.

Also the Barao/faber fight got stopped way to early. Which is a shame both guys were slinging the leather . Really would of like to see what Faber could of done with a few more rounds. All be it Barao is a beast, kid has all the tools to defend that belt for a very long time.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts