Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

UFC 170 FEB 22

Main Card

Ronda Rousey vs Sara McMann (Women's Bantamweight Title Fight)
Cormier vs Cummins
MacDonald vs Maia
Pyle vs Waldburger
Whittaker vs Thompson

Fox Sports Prelims

Davis vs Eye (Fight of the night candidate IMO)
Assuncano vs Munhoz
Gibson vs Sterling
Makovsky vs Sampo

Fight Pass Prelims

Oliveria vs Koch
Chavez vs Cedeno

All my picks are bolded . Make your predictions. This is a decent card of fights. Unfortunately Rashad Evans went down with an injury so Cummins is in as a replacement to fight Cormier. And Cummins went on record to say he made Cormier cry when he trained with him.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alexis Davis with a tough victory over Jessica Eye. I believe this puts Alexis Davis up next for a potential fight with the winner of Rousey vs McMann.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not trying to be sexist here but is this really the main event?
You could make the argument with Anderson Silva being out of the UFC while on the mend, George St. Pierre leaving the UFC and giving up his belt. That Rousey may very well be the UFC's biggest star when it comes to their Champions.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
You could make the argument with Anderson Silva being out of the UFC while on the mend, George St. Pierre leaving the UFC and giving up his belt. That Rousey may very well be the UFC's biggest star when it comes to their Champions.
I am curious to see if that equates to high ppv buys

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am curious to see if that equates to high ppv buys
I'm expecting around 400,000 PPV Buys. I would be surprised if Rousey pulled more. I also don't think this card has a very good co-main which is going to hurt the PPV sells.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
I'm expecting around 400,000 PPV Buys. I would be surprised if Rousey pulled more. I also don't think this card has a very good co-main which is going to hurt the PPV sells.
when does this kick off tonight? I may try and watch it

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see its already rolling
Rousey vs McMann and MacDonald vs Maia is worth the card alone. Or should be. Its why I'm watching. Also curious what this "Rocky" character can do against Daniel Cormier who is contention to get a shot at Jon Bones Jones next if he wins.

·
51,478 Posts
Just like the card UFC put out the day before SB I did not know about this until a day or 2, before UFC needs to improve their marketing. Also it feels like it is to soon for another Rousey fight.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Really doubt Rousey is in the same stratosphere as Jones or Aldo when it comes to champions.
Im talking merely star power. I would say Rousey holds her own quite easily and an argument can be made that she's the UFC's biggest star right now. You can definitely argue Jon Jones and maybe Cain, but thats about it. Rousey gets more media attention than pretty much everyone not named Anderson Silva or GSP.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fox promotes UFC fights all the time. Not a much bigger brand/channel you can get behind your promotion. The UFC has a big fight (PPV) essentially every month, and several smaller shows like their Fight Night, TUF, UFC on Fox, and Fight Pass through out the month.

Although I'm an MMA junkie been following the sport since it's inception. So I follow everything to the letter, I know the reporters in the scrums, I have my favorite MMA blogs bookmarked, and I read up on everything and consume MMA ... like well a Junkie. So maybe my perspective is much different than that of the casual mma fan.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts