Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

December 14, 2013 at the Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, California.

Main Card (Fox)
Demetrious Johnson (c) vs. Joseph Benavidez
Urijah Faber vs.Michael McDonald
Chad Mendes vs.Nik Lentz
Joe Lauzon vs. Mac Danzig

Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)
Court McGee vs. Ryan LaFlare
Danny Castillo vs. Edson Barboza
Bobby Green vs. Pat Healy
Scott Jorgensen vs.Zach Makovsky
Sam Stout vs.Cody McKenzie
Abel Trujillo vs.Roger Bowling

Preliminary card (Online)
Flyweight Darren Uyenoyama vs. Alptekin Ozkilic

Great fight card. I've bolded my predictions for the fights. At least with the fighters I'm familiar with ..

Predictions , thoughts ? to me this is a great card. Obviously the loss of Thomson vs Pettis early on and just recently the loss of Brown vs. Condit was a let down, but this card is still strong never the less.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Spectacular fight card. Benavidez and Johnson are clearly the best flyweights in the world, and I'm actually leaning toward taking Benavidez in this one. He's looked incredibly dominant in his last few fights and only lost a split decision to Johnson beforehand.

Otherwise, I'll go with McDonald, Mendes, Lauzon, McGee, Barboza, Healy, Jorgensen, McKenzie (guillotine!), Trujillo, and Uyenoyama.

All those main card fights have the potential to be epic. The prelims don't look bad at all, either.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Main Card (Fox)
Demetrious Johnson (c) vs. Joseph Benavidez
Urijah Faber vs.Michael McDonald
Chad Mendes vs.Nik Lentz
Joe Lauzon vs. Mac Danzig

Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)
Court McGee vs. Ryan LaFlare
Danny Castillo vs. Edson Barboza
Bobby Green vs. Pat Healy
Scott Jorgensen vs.Zach Makovsky
Sam Stout vs.Cody McKenzie
Abel Trujillo vs.Roger Bowling

Preliminary card (Online)
Flyweight Darren Uyenoyama vs. Alptekin Ozkilic

As always, another fantastic Fox card. And to think, it originally had Condit vs. Brown on it as well! Really hoping for a J-Lau win, he's one of my favorites and after that PATHETIC showing in Boston, he needs an emphatic win.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well well ....

Dominant category - Demetrious Johnson (KO) victory and Urijah Faber (Submission set up by damaging strikes).

Both Johnson and Faber completely out classed the number one ranked, and number three ranked fighters in the world.

Regardless of which camps, which fighters you relate to or like better. I think we all can agree that regardless of our picks. We never imagined that Faber and Johnson were clearly this much better than Benavidez, and McDonald. However they are. Talk is talk, should of would of .. But these guys Faber and Johnson did the walk and literally took apart the great fighters we saw in McDonald and Benavidez with ease. Such an impressive and dominant performance by the Champ Mighty Mouse, and the California Kid. No denying their brilliance and domination.

Rest of the card went about as expected. I took Mac as a sentimental pick, I was hoping for the upset. However Mr. Lauzon just out classed him.

Chad Mendez after the first round was a bit of a let down, but clearly he dominated the fight with wrestling through out rounds two and three. It will be interesting to see if the UFC gives him the winner of Aldo and Lamas. I think he's definitely earned it.

Also wanted to comment about the Danny Castillo vs. Edson Barboza fight. Even though my prediction turned out right. I personally believe the fight was a draw based on round one. I believe round one was a 10-8 round for Castillo and the following two rounds were 10-9s for Barboza making this fight a draw.

Last, but not least I saw UD40 pick Court Court McGee over Ryan LaFlare. I picked Ryan myself, based on his all around fighting style and heart. The dude is a beast, and everyone should expect big things to come from him in the future.

Anyways great fights!!

Like the rest of you, I can't wait for DEC 28 Weidman vs Silva II!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts