Hathaway
Sass
Pickett
Hardy
Struve

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
I'm a big Dan Hardy fan, really looking forward to his fight against a very game fighter in Sadollah.

Looks like a good card by the way.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The way Amir defended himself in his bout with Bang Ludwig was horrific. He can count on a first round KO if he brings that nonsense to the table with Hardy.

I also fully expect Paul Sass to continue his rise up the 155 ladder. The guy has talent, and I can easily see him being a player in the deepest division in 2013.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Also, all fighters made weight.

The Johnson/Nelson bout is a catch weight since DeMarques took it on late notice.

Amusing pic from the presser

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
I fully expect Miocic to destroy Struve in the same way that Travis Browne did. That said, I'll be pulling for Struve.

As for Sadollah-Hardy, what a strange matchup of guys who probably shouldn't be in the UFC right now. They're both one-sided and have been trying to showcase their lesser skills, and it's been absolutely failing for them. I expect a quick ending from this one.

Some other decent matchups are on this card, too. Mills-Ludwig should be good. Too bad I don't get Fuel.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
I fully expect Miocic to destroy Struve in the same way that Travis Browne did. That said, I'll be pulling for Struve.

As for Sadollah-Hardy, what a strange matchup of guys who probably shouldn't be in the UFC right now. They're both one-sided and have been trying to showcase their lesser skills, and it's been absolutely failing for them. I expect a quick ending from this one.

Some other decent matchups are on this card, too. Mills-Ludwig should be good. Too bad I don't get Fuel.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Dan Hardy went on a hot streak. Then went on a cold streak. And could just as easily get back on a hot streak after that knockout of Ludwig. I don't think he should feel lucky to be in the UFC.

If he loses in Nottingham, I'd be very surprised.

Sadollah also has a pretty stand up record in the UFC (despite that loss against a poor Ludwig).

This is an exciting card, I actually wish I knew about it earlier and managed to snag some tickets.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Even during his slump I knew Hardy's job was set. Until Ross Pearson or another UK guy can dethrone him as the 2nd biggest draw for across the pond, he's untouchable.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HUGE win for Wiman.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Highly touted welterweight Gunnar Nelson submits Johnson with rear naked choke. Great debut for his first UFC fight.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Brad Pickett with a nasty upper cut to finish off Yves Jabouin. Wow this kid has huge power. Incredible finish.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ouch.

Pickett puts Yves to SLEEP.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Great striking, movement, take downs, and ground and pound for Hardy in round two. Big round for Hardy.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Hardy punishing Sadollah, big strikes, and take downs by Hardy. Wow, Hardy ground and pound really coming along way. Great fight by Hardy. Sadollah getting busted up, Hardy completely dominating. Impressive victory for Hardy.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A very impressive showing from Hardy. His willingness to take it to the ground was surprising.

Good for him.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts