Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if someone jumps and lands on Rob Gogerty, did he travel? I guess so if you're an AE ref.

Other than that and coach Tom Sullivan getting called for a technical for saying that it was a foul, UMBC pretty much dominated the game. Hartford couldn't shoot that well, and it seemed that UMBC couldn't miss anything.

·
Registered
633 Posts
As a Hawk fan, this season is like a bad car accident. You know its going to be ugly, but you just can't help but look.

I caught some of the game on the radio. Once again, Hartford only had seven healthy bodies - two of which fouled out of the game. Hartford finished the game with the only five they had - Cook, Ford, and three freshmen - Taylor, Zimnickas and Baker. Hard to win with that lineup. Ryan Stys only played 11 minutes because of foul trouble.

This injury-riddled season so far has got to be a nightmare for Harrison.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
UGLY!!

Originally posted by <b>South End</b>!
As a Hawk fan, this season is like a bad car accident. You know its going to be ugly, but you just can't help but look.

I caught some of the game on the radio. Once again, Hartford only had seven healthy bodies - two of which fouled out of the game. Hartford finished the game with the only five they had - Cook, Ford, and three freshmen - Taylor, Zimnickas and Baker. Hard to win with that lineup. Ryan Stys only played 11 minutes because of foul trouble.

This injury-riddled season so far has got to be a nightmare for Harrison.

It's really ugly and unfortunately no real hope of getting better. It looks like the only players we will be getting back at some point will be Goode(for limited minutes the rest of the year) and Lowndes who will never be 100% this year.Obviously there is little to be positive about this game but I'll bring up a couple:

Baker-though 0-5 from the field he had 7 assts and 0 turnovers.That is pretty good.

Taylor-who is a guy that they can use in their rebuilding process had 18 and 9 respectively.

The guard play of Cook,Ford and Stys was awful and Cook and Ford are in a major slump. Stys has really stepped up so far this season but pulled a major clunker yesterday and with only 7 players he can't afford not to step up every game. This season is pretty done for them.I hope Harrison is really reavaluating his recruiting options for next season based on what we are learning now.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
professor

You can feel anyway you want but I for one feel for Hartford.

Seven players are seven players it's damn hard to practice and get much accomplished.

I realize UA is shorthanded - hell we've been shorthanded and "short" for 3 years. Next year barring a rash of injuries we will have a full squad.

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't feel bad for other schools who face similar problems.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Re: lsbal

Originally posted by <b>Patch</b>!
Hang in there, we who follow UA know what your going through. Today in a seven point loss to NU two walkons played 40 minutes apiece.

Good Luck the rest of the way.

Thanx for the encouragement. Though Hartford has only 7 players(and one was a walk-on for 2 years that "earned" a scholy this year) ,the problems are deeper IMHO than just the injuries.Unfortunately you play with the cards your dealt and Hartford has BUBKAS(sp) right now. As long as this season will be... my wife and I still will be attending the tourney and I hope to see and meet many of you after Hartford gets beat on Friday night.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.