Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason, I had to take a link through google.com to get to the site. But man, if I keep watching UK basketball, I'm going to go insane. We build big leads only to have the other team come back and either we lose or barely win. Fortunately, UK escaped with a 1 point OT victory. :nonono:

Article

Great. Next up, Notre Dame.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Thought I was going to CRY at the end of that game. UK goes 3 for 24 from 3 and still wins on the road in the SEC. WOW.

This game may win "Worst Officiated EVER". Did anyone who is not a UK fan see the game? If so, what were your thoughts on the guys in stripes?

I will try to put together a player analysis for this one tommorow.

·
Registered
582 Posts
By the way... I had not been able to get on the board all DAY. Looks like they had to do a recovery of the database because some posts are missing.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BrYaNBaIlEy06</b>!
good win Kentucky fans, good win. :rolleyes:
Bryan... did you even see the game?

·
Registered
129 Posts
i saw the game and i thought it was fairly officiated

i missed the 1st half but i noticed in the 2nd half UT shot way more FTs...but based on what i saw, i think the game was officiated fairly

fans seem to always think that if one team has a lot more FTs than another team, then the officiating sucks

while this is true sometimes, not everytime and i think the refs did a good job last night

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good win Kentucky fans, good win. :rolleyes:
You act as if it were the fans fault UK lost. Does the score 67-66 ring a bell?

It does, however, speak a lot for the team when you play bad down the stretch and still win.

As for the refs, though I still have problems with them, I don't think the officiating was as bad as in previous games. UK brought most of the calls upon themselves. Despite that, I saw a lot of calls that should've gone against UT and UK go uncalled. I know refs are human and miss calls sometimes, but when they miss as many calls as some of these SEC officials do, you can get very angered very easily.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a few coaching criticisms:

You know, of all the things in the world, I think finding a fault in Tubby's coaching is one of the hardest things to do. Some of the things he does with his teams might not work, but you can definitley see the logic behind everything he does. What's the one thing that I hate? He won't condition his team. He said at the beginning of the year that the bench would be this team's strength (before the season started). Obviously, he found out that some of the players weren't going to be playing as well in some games as they would in practice and against some of the weaker teams. There's one way to overcome this problem and it's somehting I hope Tubby will start doing before tourney time (so it'll take effect): CONDITION! FOR GOODNESS SAKES TUBBY! CONDITION. THIS. TEAM! Why you ask? Allow me to point out a few teams that conditioning has worked wonders for: Any and every Rick Pitino team. Everyone remembers the Comeback Cats. Yes, that was Tubby's team, but it was the conditioning left over from Pitino's days that won them that championship. Mississippi State doesn't have much of a bench, but the conditioning Rick Stansbury puts on his players more than makes up for that. If we were to have started conditioning after the first OOC game we had, we wouldn't be giving up these huge leads. Believe me, I know from experience that only weeks of intense running can go miles and miles when game time comes around. After a few months, you could be easily pulling away from other teams in crunch time. Imagine this UK team building those huge 15-20 point+ leads and never looking back. Imagine them never giving it up. How much promise would that show right now for the tourney?

Tubby, please start running the hell out of these guys.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by <b>UKBlueInMyBlood</b>!

Bryan... did you even see the game?

yes i watched THE WHOLE GAME!!

Kentucky built up a great lead, but blew it again, i feel bad for the TN fans, because I know how it feels :(

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by <b>UKfan4Life</b>!

You act as if it were the fans fault UK lost. Does the score 67-66 ring a bell?

It does, however, speak a lot for the team when you play bad down the stretch and still win.

As for the refs, though I still have problems with them, I don't think the officiating was as bad as in previous games. UK brought most of the calls upon themselves. Despite that, I saw a lot of calls that should've gone against UT and UK go uncalled. I know refs are human and miss calls sometimes, but when they miss as many calls as some of these SEC officials do, you can get very angered very easily.

huh? the fans fault? what are you talking about? UK did not lose, they won. i said great win, because somehow, someway, ya'll ALWAYS find a way to win.

the refs were nothing to brag about either, but they weren't as bad as they have been.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

huh? the fans fault? what are you talking about? UK did not lose, they won. i said great win, because somehow, someway, ya'll ALWAYS find a way to win.

the refs were nothing to brag about either, but they weren't as bad as they have been.
Lose. Whoops. I meant "bad win". I took it as a sarcastic comment. My bad.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Box Score

UK's Chuck Hayes played 42 minutes, scoring a whopping 18 points and pulling down a whopping 16 rebounds, further proving he is one of the premier PFs and players in the nation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts