Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't watch the game at home today because JP was showing the (yawn) Memphis vs Saint Louis game, so I went to the Fox & Hound sports bar to watch it. The UK Almni Association, who usually comes to the bar to watch the game, all had tickets to the game, so this year they weren't going to be there. I got there about 30 minutes before the game started. I saw some people dressed in blue walk in, but they were all Memphis fans. Let's put this into perspective. The Alumni Association is at the game in Lexington and I'm watching the game at a bar in Memphis (so not in Kentucky). So not many UK fans will show up, right? Wrong. Dead wrong. About 5 minutes before the game started, 7 UK fans walked in. A few more minutes into the game, at least 4 more walked in. Before you knew it, the place was filled up with UK fans. At one point, we were almost forcing the Memphis fans out of the bar. Throughout most of the second half, I had to stand because of all of the UK fans watching the game and having taken up all of the seats. This goes to show you how that there are tons of UK fans, even outside of Kentucky, that will do whatever it takes to watch or listen to their Cats play.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Well... Fan IS short for fanatic... UK "Fans" certainly live up to that billing!

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I think you would get similar reactions like that in other Southern states...... except for football.;)

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by <b>JarvisHayes24</b>!
I think you would get similar reactions like that in other Southern states...... except for football.;)
Oh the same thing has happened in football, just not at this particular sports bar. I remember it was like that against UK at USC last season in football. Remember, UK fans love football too, even though our team isn't exactly something to get excited about every year (although I'm optimistic about next season). Give us credit. We sell out Commonwealth Stadium and travel with our football team more than a lot of other teams do.

·
Registered
174 Posts
UK fans are among the best. Its fun to be on the road and see thousands of your fans. The trip to Lexington is one of the best too. I'm hearing that UK wants to make the UGA game a Thursday night game for ESPN. UGA has always refused to play those Thursday night games in deference to our fans. UGA sells about 8,000 tix to games in Lexington and several hundred more from the area buy from UK. Don't think those people would be happy about a change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts