Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Crazy finish, great game. Lawrence Roberts is a beast (I was a big fan of his when he was at Baylor).

·
Registered
443 Posts
You've gotta have some serious worries about the last 5 minutes of that game though. Kentucky looks exhausted and could hardly get the ball past the 3 pt line.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by <b>Stevie B</b>!
You've gotta have some serious worries about the last 5 minutes of that game though. Kentucky looks exhausted and could hardly get the ball past the 3 pt line.
MSU has already proved they're a come-from-behind kind of team when they're behind. Foul trouble also hampered UK's already weak bench under 10 minutes or so to go in the game. However, I was surprised to see Tubby not substitute more often. :whoknows:

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Does anyone know where I can find the choked smiley because Miss. State sure did choke that game away.

:choked: :bsmile:

Mississippi State is definitely my top team in America. :laugh: :laugh: :rolleyes:

·
The Snake
6,527 Posts
Second week in a row ESPN has given us an amazing game with an ever better finish. Last week it was Texas vs Providence and this week it was UK vs Mississippi State. I agree with most sentiments, that Kentucky did look tired, but all Misssissippi St. had to do was hit free throws and they win the game....FREE THROWS...FREE THROWS.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!
Does anyone know where I can find the choked smiley because Miss. State sure did choke that game away.

:choked: :bsmile:

Mississippi State is definitely my top team in America. :laugh: :laugh: :rolleyes:

Mississippi State choked? They came back from a damn 18 point deficit, to only lose the game, and you say they choked!!!!!!!!??????!!!!!!!!!

grow up kid, if anyone choked it was Kentucky.

:laugh: @ you and your comment

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by <b>BrYaNBaIlEy06</b>!

Mississippi State choked? They came back from a damn 18 point deficit, to only lose the game, and you say they choked!!!!!!!!??????!!!!!!!!!

grow up kid, if anyone choked it was Kentucky.

:laugh: @ you and your comment
UK didn't choke. Rick Stansbury just took a page out of Rick Pitino's book and conditioned his team to an almost ridiculous extent. Like Louisville, MSU players can go for a long time. That conditioning will win MSU quite a few games this season and will be invaluable come tournament time.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
^^ I didn't say they choked, I said, if 'anyone' choked it was Kentucky, but there were no chokers in this game, it was just 10 kids playin' with alot of heart, and 2 coaches, coaching their *EDIT* off.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am glad to see MSU do so well. Makes WKU's last minute loss to them not look bad at all.

The funny part was watching the uk player put back a ball into the MSU goal with a minute something to go. I was rolling! haha

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by <b>WKU Topper Jeff</b>!

The funny part was watching the uk player put back a ball into the MSU goal with a minute something to go. I was rolling! haha
That was actually Winsome Frazier getting a hand in front of Kelenna Azubuike's hand who was going for the rebound and he managed to tip it back in, as Dick Vitale pointed out when they replayed it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by <b>BrYaNBaIlEy06</b>!
^^ I thought it was Branden Vincent?? Oh well, I know it was a MSU player....
Yeah, either hime or Frazier, can't remember which. At first I was complaining for an over the back call, but on the replay it showed there was no foul.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts