Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What forward pairings do you all think would be perfect matches.

For me, I think Dirk and Kmart would be perfect together. Total yin-yang action. And both are great in an uptempo game. Kmart could play SF, and Dirk PF. Mismatches galore. If opponents put the PF on Dirk, Kmart works the SF in the post (he kills SFs in the post) and Dirk takes the PF outside. Put the PF on Kmart, and the SF on Dirk, and Kmart can outquick the PF, while Dirk takes the SF into the post, or shoots over him on the outside. Defensively, Kmart can take whoever is the tougher assignment as he can cover every 3 and 4 in the league.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Duncan and Garnett. Two of the top players in the game obviously, but they also seem to play really well together in the few opportunities they get (All Star games).

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
LeBron James and Dirk Nowitzki. Nowitzki is the consummate weapon, deadly from anywhere. James can break defenses down to open up Nowitzki, make tremendous plays for others and generally do it all.

Of course, the pair would currently run into trouble on the defensive end.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Dirk and Martin would have trouble on defense, since neither can guard small forwards. Garnett and Duncan would be the best, by far. I don't think any other combination comes close really.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sir Patchwork said:
Dirk and Martin would have trouble on defense, since neither can guard small forwards. Garnett and Duncan would be the best, by far. I don't think any other combination comes close really.
Martin is excellent on SFs. At least he was in NJ. His first 2 years in the league he was primarily a perimeter defender, and one of the best in the league, IMO. He regularly guarded McGrady and did a solid job on him. And I've seen him cover Kobe very effectively as well. Hell, Frank matched him up on Marbury for a play or so in the playoffs. And as for Garnett and Duncan, they would be the best by far, but I just meant this thread for creative pairings that would be good and interesting matches.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AK-47 and Kmart.

Defense extraordinaire.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
[strike]Shaq Diesel and Big Ben. Nobody would dare go into the paint.[/strike]

Edit: Says forward pairings, doesn't it. Don't remember Shaq playing much power forward this year. Bleh.

What about Chris Bosh and Kevin Garnett.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
speedythief said:
Shaq Diesel and Big Ben. Nobody would dare go into the paint.
Ben Wallace and Lebron. The all-muscle front court.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Larry Bird and Kevin McHale.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Offense: LeBron-Dirk
Shooting: Peja-Dirk
Defense: AK-Duncan
Just nasty: Artest-Amare
If you want to win: KG-Duncan
I would like to see: LeBron-Amare

Reactions: SeaNet

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Hakeem said:
Ron Artest and Ben Wallace.
That is if they don't shoot each other first.

Kirilenko and Marion would be sweet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts