Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.umbcretrievers.com/sports/news/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=7597

Dr. Charles Brown has announced he will retire as Director of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation at UMBC as of June 30, 2013, completing a 24-year tenure that has elevated the Retrievers from a fledgling Division-I program to one that is competitive regionally and nationally in a range of sports.
I have my own comments that I won't make right now.

·
UMBC fan
3,920 Posts
Without Ray Barbosa, Darryl Proctor, and Cavell Johnson transferring to UMBC (thanks to Brian Hodges and Monroe I've been told), the MBB team would've never won more than 12 games in a season.

The coaching staff has been just a shambles since 2004-2005, and player after player after player transferred OUT of town to leave this program. The women's basketball team has been poor, minus last season (NIT). Yes, they went to tourney in 2006 or 2007, but they were like 14-19 that year.

I know we have had a good soccer, swimming, and lacrosse team (sometimes), but I'm not an avid follower.

I hope you enjoy your retirement, Doc Brown. Just MBB wise, this is a good thing. Hopefully the new AD comes in and makes a positive impact (at least not a negative one!) on the basketball teams.

I WILL miss hearing him yell at the referees, however.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Without Ray Barbosa, Darryl Proctor, and Cavell Johnson transferring to UMBC (thanks to Brian Hodges and Monroe I've been told), the MBB team would've never won more than 12 games in a season.
In his defense, we won 18 or more games three times under Sullivan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts