12/7 Saint Francis
12/10 @ Towson
12/17 @ Georgetown
12/21 @ George Mason

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
We are within the last 30% of schools without a full schedule released.

Anyone want to take a guess when we release ours? I’m going to say we will be within the last 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
We are within the last 30% of schools without a full schedule released.

Anyone want to take a guess when we release ours? I’m going to say we will be within the last 50.

Your other US Jamaica Classic game opponent is still undetermined just as is the case with Rhode Island (tbd home game on top of home game with Nicholls St). I had thought one of your fans thought you were playing at Utah State in addition to the previously announced LSU game. That led me to believe that URI was most likely going to host the last team (Eastern Michigan) in the tourney field which had been unknown up until a few weeks ago. Would be nice to have this resolved soon, especially for UMBC which will have to make travel plans.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
We did and then it got switched to North Texas. I do know that even now teams are pulling out and being replaced so that’s probably why the full lineup hasn’t been resolved.

·
UMBC fan
3,586 Posts
https://www.umbcretrievers.com/sports/mbkb/2019-20/bios/thompson_marcel_0627?view=bio

New player added to roster that I have not seen mentioned elsewhere. Looks like a walk-on, as he was a bench player at South Plains two years ago (JUCO champs that had many kids go D1 afterwards). He did not play last year for any team. He was a D1 freshman at Grambling and played sparingly but provides some backcourt depth. From the Baltimore area so makes sense if he walked-on to be close to home.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I’ve heard he is very much a walk-on and not to expect major contribution.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
It’s possible. There are not many schedules left to release and we haven’t even posted the ones our opponents confirmed themselves. I’m hoping that we are going to get another interesting game but there’s 41 schedules left to release for there to be a surprise.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Who wants to break it to these guys that UMBC is taking the year off?

We have a partial one released but why we have anything other than the league schedule up I don’t know. I say that because we have included some confirmed games but not others.

·
Premium Member
32,369 Posts
Who wants to break it to these guys that UMBC is taking the year off?
From the greatest upset in NCAA Tournament history to cutting the program.

Life sure comes at you fast.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Maybe UMBC wants to schedule some tough games and the desired opponents are saying no? Nobody wants to see "UMBC does it again as the Tigers go down by 26."

I can see that. I wouldn’t mind playing more teams from the MAC or CUSA to be honest. But I think they’ve all released schedules.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts