Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Great news for us. Everyone is now eligible to play. And gives us a legit PG to put KJ at SG or vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
5,611 Posts
Yesterday it was revealed that Arkel Lamar will be out for a few weeks, and worst case scenario, redshirt. Any speculation on the frontrunner to step in his spot?

·
Registered
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
My guess is that the starters will be RJ/LJ, LJ/KJ, Horvath, Curran, and Akin.

Curran should be back next week and if KJ isn’t out a while he will start.

It will be interesting to see how much Kennedy and Johnson play at FGCU and how they do. I have heard that Jack Schweitz has made big improvements over the summer and at 6’5” could be a SF.

But most of the time, Gary and John talked about Arkel as a PF, which makes it more likely a healthy Curran would take his place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
The injuries are concerning. At least we don't have a tough out of conference schedule. It would be one thing if we had Vermont's OOC schedule trying to make a name for ourselves with the comparable conferences and our starting rotation was out.

LJ Owens really impressed me, even before the game winning 3. Rogers was decent, although he is not KJ Maura. I think if he were in our starting 5 long term it would be a problem but he can handle himself out there as a 2nd string point. Big men were woefully disappointing.

The FGCU announcers kept going on and on about Horvath, about how good of a shooter he is, about how dangerous he is when he gets hot. I just kept telling myself they must be thinking of someone else. He scored 7 points against FGCU last year so it wasn't that. He's only scored more than 14 points twice in a game, one was a DoubleOT game against Towson. I'm not saying he isn't a solid player, but it was just perplexing their infatuation with Horvath. A dangerous shooter? I think they just looked at the stats last year and Horvath was the only player active yesterday that got significant minutes last year.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts