Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Sure that sounds like fun.

CBSSN had the 2008 Davidson v Gonzaga game on and it was fun watching that again. I was at that game and Curry was the best college player I had ever seen in person.

Unfortunate that we couldn’t repeat the feat in the next game against Georgetown.

·
UMBC fan
3,891 Posts
Sure that sounds like fun.

CBSSN had the 2008 Davidson v Gonzaga game on and it was fun watching that again. I was at that game and Curry was the best college player I had ever seen in person.

Unfortunate that we couldn’t repeat the feat in the next game against Georgetown.
Cool.

And yes, I was there too. It's crazy he was primarily just a catch and shoot guy then too, almost never on the ball.

·
Registered
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Just had two more recruits choose other schools. I can understand Ricky Council IV going to Wichita State but we were Bryson Childress’ first D1 offer and he ended up with Tubby Smith at High Point.

What are we even doing at this point? Do we even have a recruiting strategy?

·
Registered
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
At this point I’m pretty convinced Odom does not have an effective recruiting system. He is such a good game coach. I just don’t know why he continues to struggle with this. He hasn’t gotten better. It’s baffling.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,725 Posts
I blame the speed tables on the ring road.

·
Registered
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
So I think signing day is tomorrow. Which means we should find out some of the outstanding offers.

It just feels very weird that for two years now at least, I believe any offer we've made that's public for more than a couple of days has not been accepted.

Can anyone remember the last offer we had open for like a month before they committed? Jose Placer maybe?

·
Registered
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
I’m starting to feel triggered by how bad we are at this. We were complete dogsh*t and got some of the best players we’ve ever had. Now we are recruiting from the Island of Misfit Toys.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So according to VerbalCommits we are adding
1. Jacob Boonyasith from American. 6’3, 215 guard. Started 22 games for then Eagles. 7.7 pts a game at 25 mins a game. .366% from 3.
2. Kamari Brown from JUCO in Florida. 6’3 175 guard. Averaged 10 pts a game
3. Rico Quinton. 6’9 forward. sat on ECU’s bench his freshman year and transferred to JUCO his sophomore year. Spaz’s buddy?

·
Registered
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Kamari just chose Georgia Southern.

We have two scholarships and really need two shooting guards who can, you know, shoot.

·
Registered
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
I count 11:

Arkel
Darnell
Akin
Spasojevic
Horvath
Owens
Kennedy
RJ
Boonyasith
Quinton
Johnson

·
Registered
35 Posts
Guess we are looking at:

PG: Eytle Rock & Rogers
SG: Owens & Boonyasith & Kennedy
C: Spaz & Akin
F: Horvath & Lamar
A lot like last year minus KJ and add Lamar. Hopefully more like the 2nd half of last year than the 1st half. Eytle Rock & Horvath could really be forces in this league.

·
Registered
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
With two more scholarships I'm hoping we are looking for underclassmen shooters. A healthy Arkel playing like he did as a sophomore would put us back in contention again this season. But we desperately need another shooter who is closer to 40% than 30% from 3-point range. Doesn't have to score 20ppg. Someone that can hit 8-9ppg shooting like 38% along with Lamar and Horvath would have a significant impact. Darnell shot well from 3-point but I don't know that we were better when he was on the floor. Certainly a very good backup PG option though.

If not an underclassman, someone that has always come to mind is Travis King (GW transfer) from the 2010-11 season. Perhaps someone who is a better defender but that whole team was terrible at defense so it's hard to tell how good/bad Travis was. Anyway, a 6'2" SG who averaged 8.9ppg and shot 47/84/41 in about 23 minutes a game. Doesn't have to play that much but that shooting slash would have made him the second best shooting guard behind Darnell and by far the best FT shooter other than LJ last season.

My guess is that Boonyasith is going to sit out as a transfer.

Don't forget we have Rico Quinton at a forward spot too.

101 - 120 of 135 Posts