Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,387 Posts
No. It was more of a telethon for donations; I thought it would have been like an open house for anyone to send in questions like the soccer team did a couple of weeks ago. But they did mention that the track/lacrosse stadium is undergoing renovations, and that the soccer stadium's grandstands are finished.

·
Super Moderator
6,387 Posts
Do we know if we're sticking to just the one Washington MTE, or is another in the works. I'd like to see an all-Baltimore area MTE.

·
Super Moderator
6,387 Posts
Season ticket packages are out (for those who want to attend) which include cardboard cutouts. You can also buy cutouts if you don’t attend for half the cost.

·
Super Moderator
6,387 Posts
OOC schedule is finalized. We were just waiting on Georgetown to finalize, but I do like playing Delaware, a team we haven’t played since my senior year.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Looks like 24 games total plus anything in the conference tournament if that ever happens.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I won’t be going to any games this year unless I’ve personally received a vaccine. I’m guessing most sane people would agree.

·
Super Moderator
6,387 Posts
Baltimore Sun preview on the team. One thing I appreciate is the added emphasis on scoring more and less relying on defense keeping them in the game.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Boonyasith is eligible which really helps. We desperately needed another shooter. I think Picarelli is the one guy I’m most excited about because if he is a good freshman we have a chance to do something this year.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Always thought of this team as #2 in the conference. Hartford and New Hampshire had impressive seasons but honestly just did not scare me at all. Although I’m sure they could say the same thing about us. Two developments in the past couple weeks I think have tightened the gap between #1 and #2: Bernie Andre leaving UVM and UVM delaying the start to their season. Can’t wait for Wednesday.

·
Registered
111 Posts
2019 vs Georgetown: loss by 26
2020 vs Georgetown: loss by 8

2019 vs Saint Francis: loss by 3
2020 vs Saint Francis: win by 15

18 point swings in both games.

·
Super Moderator
6,387 Posts
So far, I this team is playing at a higher level than in 2017-2018. Can you imagine the buzz if there was no pandemic, there was a full OOC slate, and fans were allowed in the arena?

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
It’s a very different team isn’t it? I sort of liken it to the first Odom season where defense was much more important than scoring. But we don’t have shooters like that team. So I give Odom so much credit for completely reinventing this team once it was obvious we weren’t getting the shooters we need to play like we did in 2017-18.

·
UMBC fan
4,174 Posts
So far, I this team is playing at a higher level than in 2017-2018. Can you imagine the buzz if there was no pandemic, there was a full OOC slate, and fans were allowed in the arena?
Perhaps because of its defensive performance thus far, but the lack of a 'star' like Jairus makes the team a bit less interesting for the average college student/local and lowers their ceiling. Jairus could be the best player on the floor on any night - and in 2017-18 he was against SMU, Arizona, Vermont, UVA, etc. We lack that 'A' type of player now, but still a good team.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts