Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
181 - 200 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
I really wasn't sure where to post this because it isn't scheduling info for any AEast school and it really doesn't pertain to anything, but I feel UMBC fans might have interest. Odom and his Utah State team will be participating in the Veteran's Classic in Annapolis at Navy this fall on November 12th. The doubleheader is as follows:

6:00 pm - Utah State vs Richmond
8:30 pm - VA Tech @ Navy

Here is the official release per Navy: 2021 Veteran's Classic

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I hope we can just roll out a swarm of guards constantly coming in and keep pushing tempo.
Based on what I know, Ray, Darnell, LJ, Hakim, and Keondre are all proven and capable D1 guards. Going to need Boonyasith to be more like the player at AU than here last season (7.7ppg and 37% from three).

·
UMBC fan
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
That aligns with what I saw in a photo today.

Our front court is going to be really thin. We may end up playing four guards a lot.
Yep, Ferry said just that - a lot of four guard lineups. If Rogers, Kennedy, Salnave, Owens and Byrd can stay healthy I think we'll be OK. If not, we'll need one or two of Johnson, Picarelli or Boonyasith to make a nice jump.

Ferry was pretty high on Obeng-Mensah and Wojcik on the podcast. I would bet those two plus Spaz can eat up enough minutes in the frontcourt. I like the small ball approach in the college game anyway, especially if Ferry wants to be a top 50 team in pace.

181 - 200 of 204 Posts