Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

161 - 180 of 183 Posts

·
UMBC fan
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
True and even Joe was down from his previous years. That’s a good point. Really it was just Darley’s last year through the end of the following year.
Yeah. Arkel was routinely hitting 4 or 5 three's to open that 17-18 season - then didn't hit them consistently ever again. That stretch was insane.

·
UMBC fan
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·

Tre Edwards had some really nice offers coming out of HS.

Does this mean someone is not returning? This is scholarship #14?

·
UMBC fan
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
The new staff is much more 'active' in offering scholarships than the previous. Not sure what that means, but the 2022 offers are coming fast and furious.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Which will be announced first: Our non-conference schedule or our assistant coaching staff?
I feel you. CCSU took 70+ days to announce a head coach and it's already been more than 2 weeks since Sellers arrived and no word on assistants. I've been told it will "take some time." The administrative bullshit in New Britain is not seen anywhere else in D-I athletics. :censored:

My understanding is the schedule is done, but they certainly won't announce that until we have a coaching staff and full roster - which may be in September :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
If the contracts are signed then I cannot imagine what the delay is. It looks like amateur hour.

I hope Sellers gets some help in quickly. He needs to start recruiting transfers right away.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
If the contracts are signed then I cannot imagine what the delay is. It looks like amateur hour.

I hope Sellers gets some help in quickly. He needs to start recruiting transfers right away.
He is already hard at work and making progress! He started with 4 players on the roster during his press conference and already got an experienced PG to return to CCSU from the Portal. Also has commitments from 2 new players, plus a walk on. He's going for athletic, high basketball IQ guys. He wants to focus on under recruited high school kids to build on. Love what he's done so far.

I just want to see the school give him the proper support. He needs his assistant working for him and I'm not sure what is holding it up, but they haven't been able to fill the jobs as quickly as I would expect for some unknow reasons. Sellers will be very successful here, it is just a matter of time.

161 - 180 of 183 Posts