Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
I didn't mind Illeri Ayo-Frei's announcement. I really liked how both he and Penn incorporated a genuine catamount into their media flyer/gif. I liked Illeri's swagger. Unless you were a D1 scholarship basketball player yourself let these kids have fun. They've earned it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nick Lorensen posted on Twitter that he talked to Nathan Johnson and that Nathan's potential destinations are Citadel, Northern Colorado, and Campbell. Am I crazy to think that his Masters from UMBC would be more valuable than one from Campbell? I can't help but think that there's some sort of cultural shift going on there. I don't know if he's more of a hardass than Odom was or is simply more demanding in a different way.
Nathan leaving has nothing to do with Ferry. It’s all about what kind of Masters he is getting. He is going to get a masters in two different things. UMBC masters program does not offer what he is going for. From everything I have heard the players like Ferry. Some of want to move up and some are for academics.

·
UMBC fan
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
If he can return to his freshman and sophomore form post-injury I think he can be helpful, but only one year left of eligibility makes it hard to be too excited about. He also doesn’t take a lot of 3’s, something that once again, doesn’t make sense.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Wondering if because he only played 2 games last year he might apply for a waiver after next year?

Either way, while still some holes to fill (just nearly every other team in the league), on paper UMBC I think has done as good a job as they can in the portal to get a few guys who could keep them within the top 4 next year.

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
I hear what you’re saying but given what we lost to transfer we I don’t know that Lawrence and Beaudoin are going to be enough. I think Mason Docks could be good but he is going to be a freshman.

I think we have two slots left. Have to make another impact transfer with at least one of them.

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
I’m sure the staff is still working on signing new players but after seeing Bryant and UVM bringing in such good players I’m a little concerned that we are so thin in some areas.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts