Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
8,813 Posts
I was looking at his raw stats last night and Sapp made 80 3s in 32 games, shooting 40% overall from behind the arc. I love his size and shooting acumen. I don't know who is going to be our PG next season (probably Picarelli unless Docks wins it as a true freshman). But my guess is that Beaudoin and Lawrence will be the other guards with the front court being Yaw and then one of Garang/Edwards/Doles/Fagan though I think both Doles and Fagan should come off the bench.

Starting 5/Bench
PG: Picarelli/Docks
SG: Beaudoin/Sapp/Boonyasith/Brown
SF: Lawrence/Boonyasith/Sapp
PF: Doles or Fagan/Doles or Fagan/Edwards
C: Obeng-Mensah/Garang/Doles/Fagan

There are still a lot of unknowns here but this is getting stronger. We're still a level below UVM and Bryant but I think if we get one more like Sapp (maybe a PG) then we should be well placed for 3rd.

·
UMBC fan
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I was looking at his raw stats last night and Sapp made 80 3s in 32 games, shooting 40% overall from behind the arc. I love his size and shooting acumen. I don't know who is going to be our PG next season (probably Picarelli unless Docks wins it as a true freshman). But my guess is that Beaudoin and Lawrence will be the other guards with the front court being Yaw and then one of Garang/Edwards/Doles/Fagan though I think both Doles and Fagan should come off the bench.

Starting 5/Bench
PG: Picarelli/Docks
SG: Beaudoin/Sapp/Boonyasith/Brown
SF: Lawrence/Boonyasith/Sapp
PF: Doles or Fagan/Doles or Fagan/Edwards
C: Obeng-Mensah/Garang/Doles/Fagan

There are still a lot of unknowns here but this is getting stronger. We're still a level below UVM and Bryant but I think if we get one more like Sapp (maybe a PG) then we should be well placed for 3rd.
With our last spot we need to get a PG, quite desperately looking at this lineup. Beaudoin can play the point, and I expect him to start the season there. Hopefully Docks will be ready to take some minutes quickly, too.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts