Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoopscoop announced UMBC has signed 6'3 Thomas Young from Plymouth Meeting(Plymouth Whitemarsh) PA.

·
Super Moderator
6,322 Posts
This guy scored an average of 25 ppg in his senior year of high school, and was a beast in his conference. Problem is that compared to the rest of the Philly area, he only made third all-area team. I think he's a good fit for this league, 6'4" is a decent sized guard in this level of DI.

·
Super Moderator
6,322 Posts
According to the rumor mill, Bobby Fisk is leaving, and Zito, the only starting junior this past year, will lose his starting spot, which opens up a tense compitition for PT, similar to a QB controversy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
This going to creat a log jam at the sg position. You have Michael Knight, Brian Hodges and Bilal all being natural 2's. Coach Monroe has been really high on Knight so I don't know who's going to be the starting sg. Hodges earned the position last season but I can't see Knight coming off the bench for the whole year. Bilal will probably start @ the 3 again (Zito actually came of the bench for the second half of the season). Not even counting our recruits, the 2 guard position will be tough to figure out. Not too many minutes left over really.

I've heard that Knight is going to try and play some pg next season. Hopefully that will give him more time on the court.

The wildcard here is Zito. If he works on being agressive than everything I just said gets thrown out the window and the younger guys will have even less time for Monroe to give them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts