Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd be there if I wasn't packing for tomorrow's Vegas trip. Which reminds me, I'll try to get some answers about that debate from a week ago on why there are no AE lines. Until then, me and probably mitty will be giving updates.

My own personal note, last year, Towson really impressed me. I hat to say it, but I think that they can take it.

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, several minutes into the game, they finally get the audiostream working. 10-4 Towson at around 15 minutes left.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Loyola which has been terrible in recent years absolutely dominated Towson the other night. Outrebounded them by over 20. UMBC should be able to pull this out.

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now it's halftime, Towson 32, UMBC 25. Sounds to me like UMBC is having the same troubles that they had Sunday. Struggling on the offensive end, having a clean break to the basket but always dishing it out to someone outside the arc for a missed three. Missed opportunities like that will always add up.

Jay Green leads UMBC with three from outside the arc (9 points). Dennard Abraham leads Towson with 5, and Winston Tubbs is already in foul trouble at three fouls. Towson leads rebounds 19-13.

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
12:05 left, 40-34 Towson. Jarrell leads UMBC with 10 points and 5 rebounds. Lawrence Hamm leads Towson with 11 points and Dennard Abraham has 7 rebounds.

·
Registered
57 Posts
We have absolutely NOTHING inside. I am excited to see Zito playing w/agressiveness but having him post up is just not the answer. All we got inside was a little flash move where a player will zip accross the paint...it woulda worked if our passes were more crisp and our players taller.

Jay Greene tried his best to drive and draw the foul w/out any luck. He got the penetration but not the whistle. When I first saw him in practice I thought he was a walk on cause of his short stature. I'm pleasantly surprised that he's getting so much pt.

Greene was about the only one able to break Towson's 2-3 zone, both w/his 3s and driving. Hodges had another bad shooting night and for some reason was on the bench down the stretch. Not sure what's behind that.

As for Towson, they were impressive. Big man Dennard Abraham showed a nice touch from 15-17ft. I'm not a fan of Pat Kennedy (I thought he was hired solely cause of his name) but he has a good squad. Too bad the school can't show any support for the program.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts