Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Haha i hate to chuckle angrily but OMFG whaT THe [EXPLETIVE] was Duhon with his 1-9 shotting arse doing in a game winning situation over BEN GORDON!!!

ARGH Skiles needs to [expletive] wake up and play the guys who can get you some points!!! GODDAMN IT!

Iam sorry guys, but man its so frustrating to see this stuff right now.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
thebizkit69u said:
Haha i hate to chuckle angrily but OMFG whaT THe [EXPLETIVE] was Duhon with his 1-9 shotting arse doing in a game winning situation over BEN GORDON!!!

ARGH Skiles needs to [expletive] wake up and play the guys who can get you some points!!! GODDAMN IT!

Iam sorry guys, but man its so frustrating to see this stuff right now.
I posted something similar just 3 games ago and it was summarily dismissed.

Like I said then, I think Skiles is out to prove something, and I think he's wrong.

I am definitely leaning towards the camp that thinks he's an idiot. He's a moron lately.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Krakken said:
I posted something similar just 3 games ago and it was summarily dismissed.

Like I said then, I think Skiles is out to prove something, and I think he's wrong.

I am definitely leaning towards the camp that thinks he's an idiot. He's a moron lately.
He talks about hard work in the offseason and in practice and blah blah blah, yet Chandler by far has been the worst at offseason conditioning and yet hes starting and playing his minutes and Ben Gordon by FAR has been the hardest working Bull since he has goten here and yet hes on the short leash whenever he makes a little mistake. We are going to get a big time wake up call when we play Cleaveland, Detroit, Indiana, Miami, Nets again, Bucks and the way the Bulls are playing anyother team that plays up tempo. Anyone else think washington is going to destroy the Bulls by 20 points?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Tonight's management of the end of the game was horrible. Tyson was kept out in a huge defensive situation where Theo Ratliff of all players made the winning shot.

Chris Duhon, someone who lately hasn't been able to make a shot even if the Pacific Ocean were his basket, ends the game on offense. <sheesh>

·
Train Em While Young.....
3,628 Posts
First thing he needs to do is change that ****in lineup. He'll stay an idiot till then. And his yanking of Ben for Poohon.... I mean, c'mon.

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, both Larry Brown and Skiles deserve to have sarcastic "Yeah, I'm pretty sure Larry and Scott both invented the game" comments made about them. These guys are just crazy with their rotations. Pick your best lineup and play it as many minutes as you can. Sheesh.

What makes it unacceptable in Skiles's situation is that it's not like he doesn't know what his players are capable of. Sure, there are some new faces. But for Gordon and Deng to not be featured players at this point doesn't make a lot of sense, nor does having Chandler on the pine for most of Q4.

I am also very concerned about our two Dukies. I thought that Duhon would have a breakout season shooting the ball this year. He had achieved a nice rythym on threes in the second half last year. But his confidence is shattered again. He simply doesn't trust himself anymore, and I'm not sure how you fix that. If he's going to be that anemic offensively, he has to play a perfect floor game and defend like a bear trap. Well, tonight he was getting flat-out smoked by Telfair and making a lot of dumb decisions.

And Deng I'm concerned about in terms of the bigger picture. I've thought for a while that he had the best chance of all our current players of developing into an All-NBA team type talent. With each passing game, I see that as being less and less likely. I know he's still rehabbing, and I know he's being asked to accept a tough role in coming off the bench, but I just don't think he's going to be as good as I hoped. The basketball IQ isn't sky-high and though he's a better athlete than he's given credit for, he's nothing special. Hopefully I'm wrong about his future prospects.

Reactions: Darius Miles Davis

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts
SDBullsFan said:
Tonight's management of the end of the game was horrible. Tyson was kept out in a huge defensive situation where Theo Ratliff of all players made the winning shot.

Chris Duhon, someone who lately hasn't been able to make a shot even if the Pacific Ocean were his basket, ends the game on offense. <sheesh>
Chandler actually was in for that play. He came in right beforehand, and if I'm remembering correctly, it was his first appearance in the fourth quarter.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
And Deng I'm concerned about in terms of the bigger picture. I've thought for a while that he had the best chance of all our current players of developing into an All-NBA team type talent. With each passing game, I see that as being less and less likely. I know he's still rehabbing, and I know he's being asked to accept a tough role in coming off the bench, but I just don't think he's going to be as good as I hoped. The basketball IQ isn't sky-high and though he's a better athlete than he's given credit for, he's nothing special. Hopefully I'm wrong about his future prospects.
Have to agree with you on that one, though i never shared the same view of Deng. I still feel we should include him in a package to either get a big man / Pierce.

I just for one don't understand why doesn't Skiles try out TT... considering how badly Deng played.

And sheesh Duhon had a shocker.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Disturbing Coaching here.

20 shots, only 18 points for Nocioni yet he gets 44 minutes.
1-10 shooting = 36 minutes for Duhon?!
23 minutes Combined for Othella, Pike and Pargo = 4 points
0 minutes for Tim Thomas who can score 4 points in 23 seconds.

Sebastian Telfair who is just 2 years out of High School plays 7 more minutes then Ben Gordon who by the way shot 6-13 and was 3-3 from the 3 point line.

LoL this is so un belieaveable, Coach of the Year goes to Skiles for leaving a 1-10 shooter and a 60 million dollar Center who only played 18 minutes in over Ben Gordon who saved Skiles Job last year with game winning shots all season. Go figure.

·
Mammal
2,299 Posts
What the hell did Ben Gordon ever do to Scott Skiles to deserve this? One optimistic figure is the fact he's getting 30 minutes a game this year, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's included in more rotations within the next two weeks.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
36 Karat said:
What the hell did Ben Gordon ever do to Scott Skiles to deserve this? One optimistic figure is the fact he's getting 30 minutes a game this year, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's included in more rotations within the next two weeks.
Ben is now just a strickly jump shooter or he gets benched. Ben needs the ball in his hands at all time.

PS. Man TJ Ford has looked like a beast. Did you see his dunk a couple of nights ago? Hes back with a vengence.

·
Mammal
2,299 Posts
haha..yea, got it on tape, two handed double-pump over Chris Mihm. Mmm...MMM!

Some neat lil stats from 82games: Ben is included in 61% of their rotation, has a +17.5 net effect offensively (per 100 possessions), and a -4.6 defensively.

·
Mammal
2,299 Posts
k, now these stats are ridiculous, just showing Ben's not getting his due. Here's the top 5 most effective 5-man units, as of earlier today:

Duhon-Gordon-Deng-Sweetney-Chandler
Hinrich-Gordon-Deng-Songaila-Sweetney
Duhon-Gordon-Piatkowski-Songaila-Chandler
Duhon-Gordon-Deng-Nocioni-Harrington
Hinrich-Gordon-Deng-Nocioni-Sweetney

Ben's included in all of these, with Duhon in three. Chandler? Only two.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Firefox + adblock ftw. I no longer have barely any ads on my most frequently visited sites. Makes it a whole lot more pleasant.

Ben is now just a strickly jump shooter or he gets benched. Ben needs the ball in his hands at all time.
Sigh at Skiles, i liked what he did last year, but so far i'm leaning towards the replace Skiles bandwagon soon. I just can't understand how someone who used to play the best team on the court decides to reverse his views and keep the worst on. I could understand if Duhon had the hot hand... but the only hot thing he should of had was his seat on the bench.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
step said:
Firefox + adblock ftw. I no longer have barely any ads on my most frequently visited sites. Makes it a whole lot more pleasant.

Sigh at Skiles, i liked what he did last year, but so far i'm leaning towards the replace Skiles bandwagon soon. I just can't understand how someone who used to play the best team on the court decides to reverse his views and keep the worst on. I could understand if Duhon had the hot hand... but the only hot thing he should of had was his seat on the bench.
Well whats weird now all the ads are gone.

Anyways, Duhon is Skiles Boy and if Duhon has one game out of 10 where he shoots over 40% Skiles will give him another week in the starting Lineup. Ben hasnt been great so far but hes still our best offensive weapon.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I'm ok with Duhon starting, just playing the amount of minutes he did when playing poorly is the sour point.
Ben hasnt been great so far but hes still our best offensive weapon.
While our best offensive weapon seems to change from game to game, he definitely was it tonight. 6-13 FG, 3-3 from behind the arc... compare that to Duhons 1-10 FG, 0-7 from behind the arc... its just so so wrong.
*edit* I'm ignoring Sweets, mainly comparing our guards and wingmen.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts