Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just heard that Stackhouse may miss the playoffs.

Jermaine O'Neal -indefinite
"The Indiana Pacers still don't have an answer on the severity of the injury to Jermaine O'Neal's right shoulder, but they essentially removed any hope Tuesday of their best player returning this season. "We have to go on the idea that he's not going to be here," coach Rick Carlisle said. "That's how we have to approach it. We can't be hanging our hopes on his return. It's going to be awhile if he comes back at all." Indianapolis Star

Jonathon Bender- indefinite
"The Pacers also said Tuesday that forward Jonathan Bender, who has played just seven games because of a knee problem, isn't expected to play again this season. Bender, who is making $6.5 million this season, will travel to Boston this week to work with physical therapist Dan Dyrek. Bender has played in 28 games the past two seasons." Indianapolis Star

Jamison-out at least 2 games
"The Washington Wizards are shutting down injured forward Antawn Jamison for at least the next two games, but a source with knowledge of the situation said he'll need more time to fully recover. "His knee could use significant rest right now," the source said. "He's going to have to back off it ... if he's going to really help again." Washington Times

Jefferson-out for season (no playoffs for Nets)
"RJ might be the Rx for what has ailed the Nets all season, but they'll have to heal themselves before he could make them better. His cast-removal having arrived about a week ahead of schedule, Jefferson still isn't expected back until the playoffs - if, that is, the Nets qualify. "A lot of it depends on my teammates," Jefferson said when asked about his return. "I'd love to come back and try to contribute, try to help. But a lot of it depends on them. I'm rooting for them to try to make a push and make it to the playoffs. "If they make it to the playoffs, I'll be able to play. If not, then I'll be back next October." New York Daily News

Houston- (?)
"Allan Houston says he is making progress in his latest rehabilitation stint and remains optimistic that he will play again this season. "I believe so," Houston said yesterday. "I'm just making my progress. I can't tell you that next week this will happen, or that the following week this will happen. All I can tell you is it definitely has made a lot of progress." Houston missed his 24th straight game and 42nd overall due to soreness in his arthritic left knee. He hasn't appeared in a game or a practice since Jan. 19." New York Daily News

Christie-indefinite
"Magic General Manager John Weisbrod said that if it's determined that Doug Christie can address his left ankle problem with arthroscopic surgery, the guard might be back before the end of the season. Weisbrod said Christie was at his home in Seattle, trying to set up a medical evaluation in Los Angeles. If Christie needs more extensive surgery, he will be out for the season. "Right now, that's what Doug is trying to determine," Weisbrod said." Orlando Sentinel

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Iverson hurt as Sixers rip Lakers
Wednesday, March 16, 2005
Guard has a chip fracture in left thumb
By CELESTE E. WHITTAKER
Courier-Post Staff
PHILADELPHIA
On the plus side, the 76ers defeated the Lakers 108-91 Tuesday night. On the negative side, guard Allen Iverson suffered a chip fracture in his left thumb.

Iverson was fitted with a hard cast and will be re-evaluated Friday. His status is day-to-day and no surgery will be required at this time.

In his postgame interview after he scored 36 points on 10-for-22 shooting and had nine assists and five rebounds, Iverson had an ice pack on the hand.

Asked when he had injured it, he said, "I have no idea, I just know it was in the second half."

Iverson had just had an X-ray done, but was unaware of the results at that point.

Afterward, Iverson sat at his locker surrounded by team physician Jack McPhilemy, team director of sports medicine Jim McNulty and assistant general manager Tony DiLeo. He had his head buried in his arms as they talked to one another and appeared very upset as he headed to the showers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts