Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOMEONE PLEASE UPDATE ME ON THE UNC-UCONN GAME!!! ITS NOT ON WHERE I AM BC IM IN OHIO!! ITS NOT ON FULLCOURT EITHER!!:upset:

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
78-77 UNC leading now after a McCants layup. timeout Uconn.

4:11 left, Uconn ball.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
78-77 UNC with 4:11 left in the game. UConn ball.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
2 mins left, 81-80 uconn winning. uconn ball.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
81-80 UConn leads with 1:43 left in the game. TO. UConn Ball.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
McCants for 3. Ties the game at 83. 1:14 left in the game. UConn Ball.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Okafor hits a layup to make it 83-80. Then McCants hits a three to tie it up!

83-83. 1:14 to go. Uconn Ball.

Okafor with 29 pts.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
MCCANTS HITS A THREE TO TAKE THE LEAD 86-83

UCONN BALL 6 seconds left!!

what a game!!

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
UNC WINS

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Great win for UNC as McCants hits the big shots and Gordon doesn't. Billy Packer was beside himself as he tried to coach his beloved Tarheels to victory from the broadcast booth. I doubt if even his wife has ever seen him so excited.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!
Great win for UNC as McCants hits the big shots and Gordon doesn't. Billy Packer was beside himself as he tried to coach his beloved Tarheels to victory from the broadcast booth. I doubt if even his wife has ever seen him so excited.
If you really believe that UNC fans like Billy Packer I suggest you read this thread.

http://mb5.theinsiders.com/finsidecarolinafrm6.showMessage?topicID=58533.topic

I will only say this once. UNC fans and Non-Wake Forest fans period HATE Billy Packer.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!

I will only say this once. UNC fans and Non-Wake Forest fans period HATE Billy Packer.
Maybe you do. But Billy loves UNC, or any other ACC team when it is playing a top ranked opponent from another conference.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!

Maybe you do. But Billy loves UNC, or any other ACC team when it is playing a top ranked opponent from another conference.
You obviously didn't read the link I provided. No one likes Billy Packer in the ACC and he is quite possibly the most hated analyst in all of college basketball and that is saying something with wildman Dicky V out there.

I don't really give a damn personally, but you are insane if you think he roots for UNC or any other ACC team that isn't the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (where he graduated from).

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Hong Kong Fooey has it 100% right. Packer likes UNC about as much as I like Missouri. Which isn't a whole hell of a lot.

I don't know where this perception of him rooting for UNC suddenly came from.

In other news, McCants (10-16 FGs) LIT UP Ben Gordon (3-14 FGs).

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!
Hong Kong Fooey has it 100% right. Packer likes UNC about as much as I like Missouri. Which isn't a whole hell of a lot.

I don't know where this perception of him rooting for UNC suddenly came from.

In other news, McCants (10-16 FGs) LIT UP Ben Gordon (3-14 FGs).
Now Vega you know that those numbers do not tell the entire story of the game, as McCants was being guarded by Rashad Anderson and Denham Brown the whole time. He lit them up for sure, as for Gordon, he did more playmaking when he realized his shot wasn't falling. He got Okafor, Anderson and Villanueva some very easy baskets to help make a game of it. If Taliek wasn't so foul prone, Gordon wouldn't of had to worry about playmaking so much and might have took more shots to the rim, but he played the PG role very well and got people the rock. I think while his shooting wasn't great, he played a very good ball game.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Gordon also had 10 points, 10 assists and 7 rebounds today. So if this is one of his bad games, I know I would take it. :yes:

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Hey, I'm not saying Gordon sucks or anything, as he's obviously a stud. And you're right -- on one of his off games, he still racks up a *****in' boxscore. All I'm saying is that he's not as unstoppable as some may think, IMO, and Okafor is the real engine that drives UCONN's juggernaut.

But it's cool to disagree, as we both have our opinions, and they're informed and not capricious, which leads to good discussion. Also, I'm drunk.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!
Hey, I'm not saying Gordon sucks or anything, as he's obviously a stud. And you're right -- on one of his off games, he still racks up a *****in' boxscore. All I'm saying is that he's not as unstoppable as some may think, IMO, and Okafor is the real engine that drives UCONN's juggernaut.

But it's cool to disagree, as we both have our opinions, and they're informed and not capricious, which leads to good discussion. Also, I'm drunk.
The fact that you could use the word capricious in the proper context (while being spelled correctly no less) in a drunken state leads me to believe that you are smarter than I gave you credit for in the past. ;)

Just kidding. :bsmile: Oh and I don't think UConn will win the title this year anyway. I think Duke will, but games are not played on paper or in my mind so we'll have to see in two months.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Well, I do read books from time to time......

I chose the wrong field though. Biochemistry/genetics. Bleh. I almost hate science now.

I don't think UCONN will win it all, either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts