Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go HAWKS!!!

I believe you need to be an insider so here is the part on the Hawks

The old adage "peacock today, feather duster tomorrow" fits Saint Joe's recent basketball history to a tee.

It's been nine seasons since Phil Martelli, Jameer Nelson and the Hawks were the talk of the nation, and the team's recent struggles have been well-chronicled, but next season may be Martelli's best since that magical 2003-04 campaign. Every key player returns, including all five starters and the Atlantic-10's Sixth Man of the Year, 6-8 Ronald Roberts, Jr., from a team that won 20 games. After two straight 11-win seasons, the Hawks took a huge step forward last season.

6-9 sophomore C.J. Aiken is one of the nation's top shot-blockers, is improving offensively and is a dunking machine. Carl Jones and Langston Galloway accounted for almost 34 points per game last season. Jones, a 5-11 senior, is always in attack mode, while Galloway, a 6-2 junior, is one of the best 3-point shooters in the A-10, knocking down 90 shots behind the arc last season.

This team has the depth, experience and balance to make a run to the top of a deep conference this season. If they do, they'll be in position for an NCAA bid. And all of the jokes that were laughed at when Martelli became a cult figure and Saint Joe's was on the cusp of the Final Four nearly a decade ago will be laughed at again.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...0225/miami-hurricanes-radar-teams-2012-13-ncb

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
I don't disagree with hardly anything that you posted of the article (can't read the rest) but I'm not sure a team picked to be Top 3-4 in this league (with VCU and Butler) is "under the radar"?????

·
Registered
880 Posts
I don't disagree with hardly anything that you posted of the article (can't read the rest) but I'm not sure a team picked to be Top 3-4 in this league (with VCU and Butler) is "under the radar"?????
Most everything in this league is given the "Aw, look at that! Isn't that precious?" treatment by ESPN.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
They also listed Drexel as "Under the radar"

How can that be possible? With the amount of teams not participating in the CAA tournament this year, they've essentially already qualified for the NCAA tournament by default.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
They also listed Drexel as "Under the radar"

How can that be possible? With the amount of teams not participating in the CAA tournament this year, they've essentially already qualified for the NCAA tournament by default.
eh, the 3 and 5 seeds from last year's tournament are still eligible (Mason and Delaware. Delaware beat 'em last year).

Should be a fun bracket. Six games. Three quarterfinals, two semifinals, final.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts