Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was reading over the boards last night and noticed that Celtics fans really don't give Antoine Walker any credit for anything. All the credit goes to Paul Pierce ( even tho Pierce was horrible without Antoine) The disrespect Celtics fans have for Antoine's contribution to that team is appaling even after how bad the Celtics were when he left town.

Same can be said with Jordan and Pippen. Scotty gets called overrated and it is said he should never have been a top 50 player while Jordan gets all the credit for the titles they BOTH won.(I seem to remember Pippen getting closer to winning a title without Jordan on his team then Jordan ever got to winning a title without Pippen on his team.)

Shaq and Kobe are another example.

Which second member of a dynamic duo do you think deserves more credit then they get?

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
I think Penny Hardaway was underappreciated, and remains so, for his seasons alongside Shaq.

Kevin Johnson was underappreciated in the shadow of Charles Barkley.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Minstrel said:
I think Penny Hardaway was underappreciated, and remains so, for his seasons alongside Shaq.

Kevin Johnson was underappreciated in the shadow of Charles Barkley.
Penny Hardaway is a great answer that I didn't think of.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Sully said:
I was reading over the boards last night and noticed that Celtics fans really don't give Antoine Walker any credit for anything. All the credit goes to Paul Pierce ( even tho Pierce was horrible without Antoine) The disrespect Celtics fans have for Antoine's contribution to that team is appaling even after how bad the Celtics were when he left town.

yeah asa celtics fan i dont c why they do it either i give im all tha credit he deserves...pierce wasnt horrible though...he can do things on his own...

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Sully said:
Penny Hardaway is a great answer that I didn't think of.
I thought Penny was appreciated plenty when he was worthy of it (paired w/ Shaq). Then, his game started to decline (due to injuries and not having Shaq around).

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
SeaNet said:
I thought Penny was appreciated plenty when he was worthy of it (paired w/ Shaq). Then, his game started to decline (due to injuries and not having Shaq around).
IMO, Penny was better the season after Shaq left, though obviously the Magic weren't. As the 8 seed, they matched up against the 1 seed Heat in the playoffs and Hardaway averaged between 30-40 ppg in that series, taking the Heat to the full five games, despite having the considerably inferior team.

Injuries cut him down.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Minstrel said:
IMO, Penny was better the season after Shaq left, though obviously the Magic weren't. As the 8 seed, they matched up against the 1 seed Heat in the playoffs and Hardaway averaged between 30-40 ppg in that series, taking the Heat to the full five games, despite having the considerably inferior team.

Injuries cut him down.
I defer to your knowledge. I didn't follow the Magic closely at that time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts