Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a lot of players out there who don't get as much recognition as they probably deserve. Name a few players who you think are underrated and explain why.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Some of them:
-Rustu Recber---I don't know what happened to him. He was great in WC 2002 and he later joined FC Barcelona, but then he just dissapeared and now he isn't even Turkish GK no.1. Don't know why...

-Landreu from Nantes---he's great talented young GK, so far he's third GK in France NT. For me, he's better than Coupet and Barthez. He should join some better and more famous club.

-Rogerio Ceni from Sao Paulo---he's very popular GK in Brasil but not very known here in Europe. He's famous for scoring many goals (he is GK!). I've been watching this Toyota Conf. Cup and I must say he was really good. I heart that some English clubs were interested in buying him some years ago but then nothing happened. He should play here in Europe.

-Mendieta---remember his great seasons in Valencia? He had some problems but I believe he can still play.

-Schneider---for me he's one of the 3 key players in Germany' NT. He should play for some better clubs than Leverkusen.

-Joachim from Betis---great talent. I expect him to join a famous club soon.

·
Registered
312 Posts
With the risk of sounding biased, I'll say most of the players currently playing in the Ere Divisie. Most fans only give them credit once they leave for bigger clubs, which is rediculous.

Arjen Robben didn't start his career at Chelsea. He was every bit as amazing for PSV but was hardly talked about back then. Same goes for Ruud van Nistelrooij, Zlatan Ibirahimovic, Christian Chivu or even players like Henrik Larsson and Benni McCarthy. Heck, even Ji-Sun Park has gotten more props now that he's playing for United, whereas in fact he was twice the player when he was still with PSV.

I'm estatic to hear how good players like Alex, Gomes, Trabelsi, Maxwell, Kuijt and Kalou will be when they join teams such as Milan, Arsenal and Juventus next season.. Untill then, no one knows them..

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Admiral said:
With the risk of sounding biased, I'll say most of the players currently playing in the Ere Divisie. Most fans only give them credit once they leave for bigger clubs, which is rediculous.

Arjen Robben didn't start his career at Chelsea. He was every bit as amazing for PSV but was hardly talked about back then. Same goes for Ruud van Nistelrooij, Zlatan Ibirahimovic, Christian Chivu or even players like Henrik Larsson and Benni McCarthy. Heck, even Ji-Sun Park has gotten more props now that he's playing for United, whereas in fact he was twice the player when he was still with PSV.

I'm estatic to hear how good players like Alex, Gomes, Trabelsi, Maxwell, Kuijt and Kalou will be when they join teams such as Milan, Arsenal and Juventus next season.. Untill then, no one knows them..
Park was a big name in last year champion's league. 2 goals against Milan if my memory does not fail me.
and i totally agree with those highlighted.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Pirlo from Milan-great talent.But the other talented and spectacular players surpassing him

·
Registered
312 Posts
joshed_up said:
Park was a big name in last year champion's league. 2 goals against Milan if my memory does not fail me.
and i totally agree with those highlighted.
So it takes an European Tournament like the Champions League to acknowledge and find out that Ji-Sun Park is actually a very decent player?

But there are so many players who seem to be discovered by the world-wide media once the leave Holland. I just read how Mido, of Tottenham is in such high regards. How many knew him when he was scoring at a nice clip for Ajax? Mark van Bommel (Barçelona)? Or even Johan Vogel (AC Milan)?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts