Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
UNH's twitter feed is still buzzing about their win over Stony Brook (no mention of tomorrow's game). Also,
Senior forward Chris Lester of New Hampshire is this week’s America East Player of the Week. He came up big for the Wildcats in their win vs Stony Brook as he came off the bench to score a career-high 22 points. He got 16 of those points in the first half as UNH put on an offensive show in front of the home crowd by jumping out to a 21-point advantage. Lester shot 62% from the field (8-of-13) and also had three rebounds and a pair of assists. This is Lester’s first career weekly award.
UVM needs to take this game very seriously, and hopefully they will.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
UNH will be very pumped by their perceived real chance to beat UVM for the first time in quite a while. UVM has to come out very strong and change that mindset. I wonder if either team will press right from the start to keep the other from getting any momentum. UVM has the bench for it.

·
Premium Member
33,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Herrion can sometimes really get UNH to get after it defensively. Saw that in SBU game.

·
Registered
168 Posts
They're not a very big team. If Giddens was healthy, it might offer an opportunity to feed some lobs to him, but I'd guess he's still out.

·
Premium Member
33,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s really just the small things. Like, cheer up; there’s always going to be a good movie playing on TNT or TBS.

·
Registered
168 Posts
A win tonight would secure Vermont's 12th consecutive 20-win season. Kansas, Duke, Gonzaga, Louisville, and St. Mary's are the only other schools with 12 or more straight 20-win campaigns. Kansas leads the list with 28 straight seasons, but that's happening in a parallel universe.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
tweet from Jon Rothstein 2 hours ago:

Vermont's Daniel Giddens (foot) will be available for tonight's game against New Hampshire, per John Becker.
I had heard last week that people were optimistic about his recovery, but I thought we might still be another game or so away. Good news, even if it's only for limited minutes.

·
Premium Member
33,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UVM would only be at *19 wins if it wins tonight.

*D1 wins

·
Premium Member
33,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Weird start. Shungu really aggressive looking to score on offense.

·
Premium Member
33,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Robin Duncan backing down and scoring on small guards? Like clockwork.

·
Premium Member
33,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ryan Davis just a totally different dude right now. Looks great.

·
Premium Member
33,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great minutes from the bench just now.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,652 Posts
Way too many bad shots that half.
And who the hell told them to stop feeding Davis?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts