Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just something to remember the 2019 - 2020 season and to start the new undated thread

·
Registered
223 Posts
Everyone is getting waivers this year. Bona received one for Anthony Roberts and from my understanding it was a run of the mill transfer request.

·
Piker
9,142 Posts
I wish I had the energy for that extra 10%

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Who's the short guy in the photo of the team?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I saw where Rivals has Dayton’s class ranked 15th with the addition of Amzil. Kid had offers from Maryland, Illinois and a bunch of others from ACC to Big East to Big 12.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Lets hope he has more skills than Svoboda our last foreign import. Obviously w/the offer list and others pursuing I gotta think its not a close race, but I admit Im always a little apprehensive about foreign recruits. Its not something Dayton has ever done very well in. In fact its something we've been piss-poor at. Maurice Beyina, Stephen Bami, Makor Shayok, Alex Gavrilovic, Matej Svoboda...every one of these guys was borderline Division-I. Kostas was about the only one worth two titties and he left for the NBA with a lot of meat left on the bone.

I hope this guy is in the mold of the foreign guys Mark Few always gets at Gonzaga. Or Randy Bennett's Aussies. On paper though and in his highlights he does look pretty tasty. Grant definitely recruited some size in this class. They all gotta do it in college though so past press clippings never made a future jumpshot.

Dayton is a solid "Buy" stock right now though. This year ain't gonna be anything like last year, but I think UD still has a shot to fight for league hardware with a lucky bounce or two. You only get one Obi. A league only gets one Obi. There was only one Jameer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dyshawn Pierre and Tshimanga are Canadians. Not European, but foreign. Pierre was a terrific player, and Jordy has another year (or two?) to prove his mettle.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts