Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Interesting, none of the major recruiting sites had him associated with Dayton at all. Along wit Amzil, gives UD an excellent incoming class. Paraphrasing a phrase from the past, Anthony Grant needs to put them in a position to win.

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
Shaka's Texas team won the B12 tournament. Wade is in the SEC championship game today.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Dayton has a highly related ( at least on paper) recruiting class coming in. They've now added a transfer in Camara and are in the mix for a guard transfer and former top 50 recruit from Michigan State. Watson, I think would want minutes to improve his chances of playing professionally overseas. If he gets them at UD, it'll slow the development of the younger guards, and if he doesn't get them I wouldn't think he'd be a happy Flyer.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Dayton has a highly related ( at least on paper) recruiting class coming in. They've now added a transfer in Camara and are in the mix for a guard transfer and former top 50 recruit from Michigan State. Watson, I think would want minutes to improve his chances of playing professionally overseas. If he gets them at UD, it'll slow the development of the younger guards, and if he doesn't get them I wouldn't think he'd be a happy Flyer.
DaRon Holmes ranked #40 at the #1 ranked high school team and at 6’9” will make an impact. I can see Camara and Amzil starting with Holmes first off the bench. Kaleb Washington at 6’8” is an incoming top 100 recruit is a 3/4 with a ton of athleticism and Zimi Nwokeji at 6’8” had some moments last year. Camara averaged 15 and 8 in the SEC and is a PF along the lines of Obi which we didn’t have last year and takes pressure off of the freshman and young players Amzil and Nwokeji. That’s a shit ton of highly regarded front court players but outside of Camara they’re inexperienced.

Camara took an official to Dayton coming out of HS and Grant really wanted him then

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Amaefule’s commitment has the Flyer Nation perplexed. He suffered ligament Injury to his ankle that kept him from playing his senior year in high school and was a top 150 high school player. His numbers at ETSU were not impressive. He entered the portal 3 days ago and there wasn’t any indication that Grant was going after another big with the last scholarship.

The Flyer’s are going to have a huge team next year with ...

Amaefule at 6’9”
Mustapha Amzil at 6’10”
DaRon Holmes at 6’9”
Moulaye Sissoko at 6’9”
Toumani Camara at 6’8”
Zimi Nwokeji at 6’8”
Kaleb Washington at 6’8”

That’s a shit ton of players at the 4 and 5, so the immediate speculation is that 1) someone is leaving, or 2) Sissoko might not be fully recovered from knee surgery.

It was also assumed that the last scholarship would be used for the backcourt, so further speculation is that Crutcher and/or Watson will be coming back.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts