Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 · (Edited)
Question....how much is a season ticket for Dayton? Do you have to donate and then purchase tickets?

I am asking because of my situation at VCU. The Athletic Dept. went wild with a Ram Athletic Fund donation requirement to purchase season tickets. The minimum is $500. Tickets are running about $750 per ticket. I have a feeling that the Stu is going to be hit or miss with crowds this year. After last season when tickets were returned due to the pandemic I have a feeling many fans opted out this year. It is getting to the point that it is much less expensive to purchase game packages or individual tickets.
Most seats require a seat license which is considered a contribution plus the face value of the tickets. Season ticket holders paid the seat license last year.

Here is the breakdown of seat license costs by section. The face value cost of my two tickets in section 222 plus a parking pass is $1,075

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I thought they we're all freshmen this year?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
For players who were already in the program before COVID, anyone using extra eligibility wouldn’t count against the scholarship limit. Does that apply to any current Flyers?
I thought that was for seniors that wanted to come back?

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
7,053 Posts
I thought that was for seniors that wanted to come back?
I’ll have to get clarification on that because my original understanding was that anyone in a program when the shit hit the fan was eligible for that extra year. The Bonnies’ seniors, for example, have talked openly about the possibility of using their fifth seasons (all won’t, but I would be thrilled if a couple did).

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
I’ll have to get clarification on that because my original understanding was that anyone in a program when the shit hit the fan was eligible for that extra year. The Bonnies’ seniors, for example, have talked openly about the possibility of using their fifth seasons (all won’t, but I would be thrilled if a couple did).
Right, but it was my understanding that only the players graduating in 2021 were exempted from the roster unless they transferred and then they would counted against the scholarship limit.

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
7,053 Posts
Dayton’s young(ish) roster is very impressive. Tons of size and lateral quickness. They can extend their perimeter defense beyond the three-point line and recover sufficiently. As I said a week or so ago, that team could be a major league handful (they already are, but you know what I mean) come March. Props to Coach Grant, who should not be fired.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Dayton’s young(ish) roster is very impressive. Tons of size and lateral quickness. They can extend their perimeter defense beyond the three-point line and recover sufficiently. As I said a week or so ago, that team could be a major league handful (they already are, but you know what I mean) come March. Props to Coach Grant, who should not be fired.
Grant is a great recruiter. The roster shouldn’t be young(ish) in the HC’s fifth season IMO. We’ve only had or would have had only one NCAA appearance in his first four years. This year’s team could run the table in conference or easily lose tomorrow at GMU. Grant put his foot up the ass of the team after the loss to VCU and they responded in a big way. The UD team that we saw against the Bonnies needs to show up every night.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts