Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm sure most of you knew this already, but Obi went on a tear at the end of the season as he got a bunch of starts with Randle out. As a starter (10 total starts), Obi averaged 20.3 ppg, 7 rpg, and 3 apg....which look eerily similar to his numbers as college player of the year. And he did that with top-notch shooting splits at 57/43/89. The Knicks also went 5-5 in those games, which was better than their overall record.

And to top it off, he put up 35 points and 42 points in his last two games of the season. So the sentiment around the Knicks fanbase now is to move on from Randle and go with Obi as the starter. Also, in regards to the A10, it's worth mentioning that when Obi was struggling last year I saw a lot of comments from Knicks fans about how we should have drafted a power conference prospect and that Obi wasn't in a "real conference". Now at the end of this second season I've been seeing comments about how Obi came from a strong program. It also helps that Dayton beat the national champions this year, so all in all both Obi and the Dayton team erased any doubts this year. Bones Hyland having a good year for Denver helped the A10 prospect outlook too.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
Yes, you may have a Lee's (as we use to).
But Dayton is the Epicenter of Lee's Famous Recipe. (or so I've heard)

·
Piker
11,297 Posts
Dayton is not the only school with a Lee’s nearby…
I think he meant to type a B for Bees. Lee's is a go to for me although I am dropping weight so not so much anymore.

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
I like it, but what is it based on? My list has VCU on Tier 2.
OK, along with the your other "list" of where programs rank in this century, this has caused some concern in the RVA.
Time for a UR wife intervention. Hope it's not too late.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·

101 - 120 of 129 Posts