Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

61 - 80 of 127 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,540 Posts
Richmond Basketball @SpiderMBB
· 10h
The Spiders next three games have been postponed as Richmond continues to follow University and state COVID protocols. Team activities will remain paused through February 12.
#OneRichmond

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
That was a tough loss yesterday. Francis and Golden hurt and not playing at the end.
Needed 0.1 second more for the tie, although an OT wouldn't have looked promising.
Next year could be really tough with 4 starters gone unless anyone comes back with the Covid exemption.
Hopefully Francis and Golden will be better for the tourney.
What a roller coaster season this has been.

·
Piker
10,055 Posts

"While this season did not produce the outcomes we expected, we remain committed and focused on our efforts to support and improve our men's basketball program under coach Mooney's continued leadership.”
What is your opinion urmite?

Personally I knew he was going to be there through his entire contract after that extension. He donated $1 million to the practice facility. His next couple years are not looking promising unless some or all of the seniors decided to stay another year.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
What is your opinion urmite?

Personally I knew he was going to be there through his entire contract after that extension. He donated $1 million to the practice facility. His next couple years are not looking promising unless some or all of the seniors decided to stay another year.
I see it as a catch-22.

We have never let a sports coach go, with time remaining on their contract, without an outside of sports ”with cause” reason.

The current environment is that any coach with less than 3 years on their contract is a lame duck.
So how do you ever let anyone go?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Uuugggh! As my grandmother used to say, "Same old 6 and 7." The never ending nightmare. Even when they are/were winning, I hate watching the product Mooney puts on the floor. I gave up my season tickets many years ago. Then I left Spidernation when MM took his temporary leave a few years ago. I guess donating a mil to a practice facility will get you some job security. Uuugggh!(again) Now I watch from afar with no team to root for. I actually root against the Spids now in hopes that the Moonman will get the boot. Having no team to root for sucks. You become less of a fan overall. Now my son is a freshman at VCU. Still can't get myself to jump on that bus. I'm thinking about it, though.

·
Piker
10,055 Posts
Uuugggh! As my grandmother used to say, "Same old 6 and 7." The never ending nightmare. Even when they are/were winning, I hate watching the product Mooney puts on the floor. I gave up my season tickets many years ago. Then I left Spidernation when MM took his temporary leave a few years ago. I guess donating a mil to a practice facility will get you some job security. Uuugggh!(again) Now I watch from afar with no team to root for. I actually root against the Spids now in hopes that the Moonman will get the boot. Having no team to root for sucks. You become less of a fan overall. Now my son is a freshman at VCU. Still can't get myself to jump on that bus. I'm thinking about it, though.
You don't need no baggage you just get on board.

Reactions: JonBoy

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Check with AA's spouse before making your decision.
Couple of games sitting in front of Pav and the Peppas might change your mind.

Go Spiders!

61 - 80 of 127 Posts