Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
81 - 100 of 144 Posts

·
Piker
10,564 Posts
Check with AA's spouse before making your decision.
Couple of games sitting in front of Pav and the Peppas might change your mind.

Go Spiders!
It is a righteous ride paulxu. No shame in it. Heck, I am friends with a guy that had VCU season tickets at mid-court but his nephew Jason Nelson is playing for UR next year. He will be getting Spider tickets. It happens. You know, blood is thicker than water. Oh and my wife is turning due to my son being a rabid VCU fan these days. That being said, she does not like watching sports. She went to UR and never attended a sporting event. She did like tailgating for football games but she never went in. Ha!

Reactions: paulxu

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
I need to send my daughter up to have a little sit-down with Mrs AA; they may have been in the same class. (Although I do like the tailgating. Great way to spend a fall afternoon in the RVA, but I always went in to take in the game from the last row...where I could soak up the sun and had something to lean my back against).

Drinks at the Tavern, dinner at (RIP) the North Pole in Crozier, breakfast at some 50's themed dump on Broad Street that's probably no longer there, BBQ at Extra Billy's, ice cream while walking the shops on Cary Street...good times :)

·
Piker
10,564 Posts
I need to send my daughter up to have a little sit-down with Mrs AA; they may have been in the same class. (Although I do like the tailgating. Great way to spend a fall afternoon in the RVA, but I always went in to take in the game from the last row...where I could soak up the sun and had something to lean my back against).

Drinks at the Tavern, dinner at (RIP) the North Pole in Crozier, breakfast at some 50's themed dump on Broad Street that's probably no longer there, BBQ at Extra Billy's, ice cream while walking the shops on Cary Street...good times :)
Well, she only lived on campus one year and became a fan/city girl. She always had some VCU vibes in her. She probably never went to the tavern. She was more of a Bamboo cafe or some other fan bar gal.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
It is a righteous ride paulxu. No shame in it. Heck, I am friends with a guy that had VCU season tickets at mid-court but his nephew Jason Nelson is playing for UR next year. He will be getting Spider tickets. It happens. You know, blood is thicker than water. Oh and my wife is turning due to my son being a rabid VCU fan these days. That being said, she does not like watching sports. She went to UR and never attended a sporting event. She did like tailgating for football games but she never went in. Ha!
I hear it does not count if you do not go in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I guess I'll look up Tori's Twitter, whatever that is. I don't have a connection to either school. I moved to Richmond in 1989. UR was on top during the Tarrant years. I liked watching Sonny's team and the Warren years also. I don't know that you can really judge a person by the school they went to. I met a person at a socially distanced gathering in Lancaster County VA last year. He invited me to a round of golf at one of the high dollar clubs to the west of Richmond. I later found out who he was. He's a VCU grad with his name on multiple buildings on the VCU campus because of his monetary donations. Probably in the same league as the mega donor that controls UR athletics.

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Just so he'll know the company he'll be keeping. Same as I would warn him to check out the Bandwagon if he were considering becoming a Bona fan. And, for that matter, Bona84's posts here...
This one doesn’t deserve an up yours. Having said that, there is good comedy over at the Bandwagon. I’m just not sure that an outsider would get it.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
The Bona Bandwagon has infected the Richmond Spiders thread.

Can the end of the world be far behind?

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Still got some basketball left to play.
Was looking at the beginning of the year, and so much promise. Then Sherod went down.
Yet they managed good wins over Kentucky, Northern Iowa, Vandy and Sister Jean's team.
Limped into the end of the year with 3 losses and more injuries.
Golden and Francis are out, but they beat Toledo.

Despite it all...still playing. Let's go Spiders 🏀 🕷

81 - 100 of 144 Posts