Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel free to add your own and please state your case. I'll start with two:

1) Richie Frahm, SG, Sonics
He went undrafted, so I'm sure there's plenty of folks on BB.net that already don't want him. In limited minutes this season, he's shooting 51% FGp and 42% on 3 pointers. A more telling fact is two-thirds of his field goals this year have been 3 point attempts! Gonzaga's career leader in 3's and 4th overall in scoring. 26 years old (I view this as a plus) He's a flat out gunner, something we don't currently have.

2) Hedo Turkoglu, SF, Spurs
Strangely enough he's shooting 43% on 3 pointers and only 40% shooting overall. As a starter this season (12 games) he's averaged 10/5/2 on 46% shooting, 51% 3 point percentage. Paxson briefly considered trading our #7 pick for Hedo straight up last offseason.

I would want the Bulls to sign both thank you very much ;)

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
3) Fred Hoiberg

:worship:

Should I really need to put anything here? You all know the score....hero.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
arvydas macijauskas. Maybe the best shooter in the world. can guard 3 spots. 6-5. scores in the high 20s every night in the euro league. think drazen petrovic

andres nocioni. same team as above. bulldog level sf who reminds of mashburn a bit. nice shooter, hit the glass, rebounds well, off the ball game is excellent

Gordon Giricek Outside shooting is a must. We need shooting in the worst kind of way

Rasheed Wallace. huge long shot. Here is hoping no one offers him the MLE and we can steal him. forget all the antics, the guy is a serious star. the odds of getting him are about the same as the Bulls winning the title this year.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I thought this was a thread for some of us posters to announce our free agency ;) After 5 years of watching absolute crap basketball, I am getting tempted to start watching the homestate Nuggets. Not that I would lose my love for Da Bulls but damn the Nuggets have been looking pretty damn attractive.

It's getting tougher with each passing year to justify buying NBA league pass, even though I watch every Bulls game.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
SD I am with you on that Hedo signing. Spurs will have to choose either Turk or Ginobili. I will be really shocked if Manu is gone. I am real intrigued by Hedo and what he could do as a 30+ minute starter for every game. I would want a stud defender at SG alongside him, sort of like SA does with Bowen.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
MY 100TH POST

My free agent "wish" list:

Darius Miles

Jon Barry

Rod Stickland

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
If we offered Hedo something like $12/3 years, he would probably sign with us. Unlikely, Spurs will match. I don't think there will be that many good offers for him this year.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another very interesting FA is Carlos Arroyo.

13.4ppg / 5.3ast / 2.3 reb / 1.2 steals / 47% FGp / 30% 3-pt on 28.5 minutes a night. 23 years old.

The Bulls seem pretty set at PG, but it seems like Arroyo is slipping under most team's radars.. but he shouldn't be. He probably would come a lot cheaper than Jamal this summer in free agency IMO

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
Originally posted by <b>LoaKhoet</b>!
If we offered Hedo something like $12/3 years, he would probably sign with us. Unlikely, Spurs will match. I don't think there will be that many good offers for him this year.
I'd definitely sign Hedo for 12 dollars. Can you say bargain?! :D

If we trade Jamal and don't get a really good 2 in reture, I'd definitely go after Q if we have the space to do so.

For less money, I'd take Brent Barry again.

There's not really anyone else I want that we could afford.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>superdave</b>!
Another very interesting FA is Carlos Arroyo.

13.4ppg / 5.3ast / 2.3 reb / 1.2 steals / 47% FGp / 30% 3-pt on 28.5 minutes a night. 23 years old.

The Bulls seem pretty set at PG, but it seems like Arroyo is slipping under most team's radars.. but he shouldn't be. He probably would come a lot cheaper than Jamal this summer in free agency IMO
hmmm, thats an interesting one. he would start for us. and that means he could beat either of our guys

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I think Utah will resign Arroyo.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Arvydas Macijauskas

The kid is a baller....Ivica Ducan and pax are going to Spain after the deadline....

He's the best SG that has appeared in Europe for years

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!
arvydas macijauskas. Maybe the best shooter in the world. can guard 3 spots. 6-5. scores in the high 20s every night in the euro league. think drazen petrovic

andres nocioni. same team as above. bulldog level sf who reminds of mashburn a bit. nice shooter, hit the glass, rebounds well, off the ball game is excellent

Gordon Giricek Outside shooting is a must. We need shooting in the worst kind of way
Rlucas,

If we all chip in can we hire you to visit Paxson on one of your trips and have you school him on these guys? Can you take a vacation day from your other commitments and do that?....

for the love of MJ and Bulls fans......

Your fellow Bulls fans need you.

Take this mission and may Benny the Bull exhale in your direction...

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>chifaninca</b>!

Rlucas,

If we all chip in can we hire you to visit Paxson on one of your trips and have you school him on these guys? Can you take a vacation day from your other commitments and do that?....

for the love of MJ and Bulls fans......

Your fellow Bulls fans need you.

Take this mission and may Benny the Bull exhale in your direction...
I briefly bumped into Ivika last year while watching Pietrus. Thats as close as I have come.

Macijauskas is a huge steal. I hear Boston is in love with him. This guy is Drazen Petrovic all over again. Tau Ceramica wont sell him this year, but he is the type of guy id give a 3 year 9 mil dollar deal on day one. Its a bit of a gamble. But I havent seen a guy with his energy, shot and size for a long time. How he went undrafted last year is beyond me. If he were in this draft, hed probably be the first guard taken. He would school Ben Gordon

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
rlucas..I've been watching this dude for the past months since the Eurobasket..He is astud..It's been a very long time....

We got to tell Pax to get this guy....It would be the steal of the century!!!!1

:yes:

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>unBULLievable</b>!
rlucas..I've been watching this dude for the past months since the Eurobasket..He is astud..It's been a very long time....

We got to tell Pax to get this guy....It would be the steal of the century!!!!1

:yes:
what is his buyout like? ultimately that is going to be the question. Macijauskas wouldnt be a popular choice cause people here dont know him. But he would be a smart choice. kind of like Sacramento picking up Songailia. Songailia has been good, he has a nice future and no one knew anything about him. moves like this are good moves

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
This is a snippet from his chat at euroleague.net

Hey Arvydas. I feel a ball player has never excited me like you have, from your days at Lietuvos Rytas to Tau Ceramica, and the NT, I believe sky is the limit for you. Having an incredible full package in the whole game, what is your ultimate goal?

"I think everyone who plays in Europe wishes someday to try the NBA, to play in the best league in the world. But now I am playing at a great level, with the Spanish League being the best at the national level and the Euroleague the best competition outside of the NBA. Of course, I think about the NBA, but only as a wish."

Whatever the buyout is I don't think it will be more than 2 million dollars..I suppose that Tau won't be against a potential move of Macijauskas...

the problems were with Gasol and Lampe cause their teams(Barcelona & Real Madrid) gave a lot of money to get them at the age of 15

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Hey, Arvydas. I'd like to ask how is it for you playing with Andres Nocioni? It seems like you really help each other to carry the weight for an injured team.
Ziv, Israel

"When Nocioni is playing three and I am playing two, it's really great. He understands me and I understands me. That happened really quickly. Usually on a new team, you need time to understand each other. Here, after one week with him there were no problems. He's a great player, not just on offense, but on defense. He can take rebounds, he's strong. I am very happy to play with him."

And that Andres Nicioni dude is a good player but Macijauskas is a MUST for this team

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>unBULLievable</b>!
Hey, Arvydas. I'd like to ask how is it for you playing with Andres Nocioni? It seems like you really help each other to carry the weight for an injured team.
Ziv, Israel

"When Nocioni is playing three and I am playing two, it's really great. He understands me and I understands me. That happened really quickly. Usually on a new team, you need time to understand each other. Here, after one week with him there were no problems. He's a great player, not just on offense, but on defense. He can take rebounds, he's strong. I am very happy to play with him."

And that Andres Nicioni dude is a good player but Macijauskas is a MUST for this team
Let them split the MLE. That would be a nice unit off the bench

1 - 20 of 45 Posts