Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's today's Sun-Times headline, and it says it all, doesn't it?

Hanley's story:

Ben Gordon was one of the Bulls who watched the Philadelphia 76ers' home loss to the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday with satisfaction.

The Bulls picked up a half-game on the Sixers, who now lead the Bulls by 1-1/2 games for the final playoff berth in the Eastern Conference. The Boston Celtics are 2-1/2 behind Philadelphia.

"There were a whole lot of us watching,'' Gordon said. "We're still in it. We've just got to try and put together a streak.''

It's that streak part that has proved problematic -- for not only the Bulls, but also the Sixers and Celtics. Philadelphia has lost three straight and eight of 10. Both Boston and the Bulls, who visit the Charlotte Bobcats tonight, are 4-6 in their last 10 games.

"Amazingly, we're not out of anything,'' Bulls coach Scott Skiles said. "There have been years when, with our record and this many games to go, it would be over. This year it's not. Somebody's probably going to take advantage of that.

"I can't believe everybody's going to limp in and somebody's going to accidentally get the eighth spot. In the last 10 or so games, somebody's going to take advantage of it.''
More at: http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-bull312.html

Garcia's story is:

Wounded Bobcats a problem for Bulls

The Charlotte Bobcats are officially out of the running for the playoffs, hardly a surprise for the second-year club.

Their rising superstar, Emeka Okafor, hasn't played since Jan. 10 because of an ankle injury, and promising rookie Sean May has been out since December because of a knee injury that required surgery.

About the only time the Bobcats get things right is when they play the Bulls. They pulled out two victories against the Bulls in December and nearly beat them in the season opener.

The Bulls showed Tuesday night that no opponent can be taken lightly when they blew a fourth-quarter lead and lost to the Orlando Magic at home.
And there's this note at the end:
Ben Gordon will be featured on "NBA Access with Ahmad Rashad" at noon Saturday on WLS-Ch. 7 to coincide with Final Four weekend. Two years ago, Gordon helped Connecticut win the NCAA championship. Members of North Carolina's 2005 championship team—May and Raymond Felton of the Bobcats, Rashad McCants of the Timberwolves and Marvin Williams of the Hawks—also will be featured.
Mike goes a different route this morning:

Chandler counting days to fatherhood

In addition to trying to get the Bulls into the playoffs, Tyson Chandler has been busy preparing for the arrival of his first child, a daughter due in about a month.

“I haven’t missed an appointment,” he said. “I’ve done all the doctor’s appointments and Lamaze classes and all that good stuff. It’s definitely exciting I’m counting down the days waiting for the baby to come.”

Chandler and his wife Kimberly are both from Southern California. Chandler wasn’t certain where the baby will be born, but stressed that fatherhood will not keep him away from basketball this summer.

“It’s not really going to matter because wherever I’m going to be this summer, this is going to be my hardest-working summer of my career,” Chandler said. “I don’t care if it’s in Chicago or L.A. It’s not going to matter.”

Chandler talked about how making the playoffs would be a good way to salvage a frustrating season. He started slowly this year, but currently ranks No. 1 in the league in rebounds per 48 minutes at 16.4.
They'd better beat Charlotte tonight.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
assuming she was the one to ask this, i am amazed ms.garcia was actually able to file the story after getting her head bitten off:

Skiles was asked Thursday whether he would view the absence of a second consecutive playoff appearance as a personal failure.

"What would make you think I'd answer that on a day like today?" he snapped. "When it happens, I'll answer it."

lol. geez.

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
mizenkay said:
assuming she was the one to ask this, i am amazed ms.garcia was actually able to file the story after getting her head bitten off:

Skiles was asked Thursday whether he would view the absence of a second consecutive playoff appearance as a personal failure.

"What would make you think I'd answer that on a day like today?" he snapped. "When it happens, I'll answer it."

lol. geez.
I hope in about 5 seasons from now, we can all look back and laugh at all the Skilesisms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.