Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPDATE: Sources tell @ESPNSteinLine that J-Kidd's Mavs deal is 3 yrs/$9M to take him to age 42.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

CAN J-Kidd play three more years? No question. WILL he actually play three more years? Safer bet is two more and then move to front office
@ESPNSteinLine

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
re: Knicks sign Jason Kidd to 3-yr/$9M (or similar) deal

Wow. Didn't see three more years of Kidd coming.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts

Whiffing on Deron probably made this decision much easier.

·

2 years should of been the max time. They need to get speed on that team because Kidd is good for the open 3 but other than that, guys blow by him in embarrassing fashion.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts

Yeah I'm not happy at all about a third year. Hoping to find out its a team option or something. If we were going to be giving out 3-year deals, would've rather done it w/ Terry and let Kidd walk.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts

I have to wonder about the details of this deal. I bet the last year of that deal is either a team option or it isn't guaranteed. It's pretty damned silly if it is not. Dude has been running on fumes for some time.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts

I have to wonder about the details of this deal. I bet the last year of that deal is either a team option or it isn't guaranteed. It's pretty damned silly if it is not. Dude has been running on fumes for some time.
Got to be a team option.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts

It's a cheap deal, at least, and it's backup level money, but still one year too long. Why have his contract outrun Dirk's?

·
**** the clippers
16,459 Posts

In another unforeseen twist of this wild offseason, sources say Jason Kidd has decided to leave Mavs and join Knicks on a multiyear deal

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts

In another unforeseen twist of this wild offseason, sources say Jason Kidd has decided to leave Mavs and join Knicks on a multiyear deal
What? WTF is going on?

·
**** the clippers
16,459 Posts

Mavs were confident they'd close three-year, $9M deal with Kidd but after all-day deliberations w/both teams Kidd has committed to Knicks

Looks like Kidd backed out.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts

Can the Knicks be viable with this clumsy roster?

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Probably better off in NY.

·
**** the clippers
16,459 Posts
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8133070/source-jason-kidd-agrees-deal-new-york-knicks

In an unforeseen reversal, Jason Kidd has decided to leave the Dallas Mavericks to join the New York Knicks, according to sources familiar with the decision.

With the Mavericks confident that they were closing in Thursday on a verbal agreement on a three-year deal with Kidd worth $9 million, sources told ESPN.com that Kidd -- after all-day deliberations with both teams -- has decided instead to leave Dallas to join the Knicks for a similar deal.

The contract can't actually be signed until July 11, which is the first day new NBA contracts can be signed. It's also possible, one source said, that Kidd could ultimately move to the Knicks in a sign-and-trade deal.

Sources briefed on the matter told ESPN.com that Kidd was ultimately swayed to take the Knicks' offer to come to New York and take on the challenge of trying to help the Knicks move into the Eastern Conference and also mentor fans darling' Jeremy Lin.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
Now the question becomes: Do they bring back JR Smith?

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
Well now I hope its a full 3-year deal. Hardly in a New York State of Mind after past couple days.

:twoguns:

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
Put the ultimate pass first pg with the ultimate isolation me first superstar in melo.. should be interesting

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Dallas should go take a shot at someone like this Bo McCaleb guy, or anyone who might potentially turn into a good rotation player. Kidd is not going to help that team going forward. Honestly they may as well try to turn Terry into something of long term value too. It's time for them to close down the old folks home and get on to new business.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts